Suspended listing after reporting missing keys

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Suspended listing after reporting missing keys

The suspension was only for about half an hour, but it still scared the heck out of me because I know how long they can last. I reported the missing keys btw, and the investigation is still ongoing, but my account is okay, no listing issues,  not suspended etc. 

I got a phone call from the rep. within an hour of the suspension and was able to present my side of the story etc. Everything went fine, and the rep. told me that I didn't do anything wrong, and that my account is fine, but the investigation will persist for 7 days or so. 

This is the first time I have reported missing keys to Airbnb, and I didn't even report to the safety team directly. Just reported to regular Airbnb support, and that still somehow triggered the safety team? 

Did this happen to anyone else?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Zheng49 why did you report missing keys? Surely you just replace the lock/lock cylinder and move on?

I just reported to Airbnb support that the guest took the key and didn't return it to me, and I would like for the key to be returned to me and/or mailed back to me. 

I have a lot of spares, so it's not that I don't have enough keys. I just want it to be returned. It honestly wouldn't make a difference to me if they just threw it away, but that's kind of hard to verify. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Zheng49 

why would you report this to Airbnb.

If you want the keys back you ask the guest and let them know if they aren't returned within 24 hours you will need to change the locks and charge them for this and replacement sets of keys 

I won't report next time now that I know it will trigger the safety team. What you suggested sounds pretty good, will try that next time.

I actually tried to contact the guest but he said he was in the middle of something and will get back to me but he never did.