Unable to view a price breakdown for why certain adjutments are being made

Pat10675
Level 1
Anchorage, AK

Unable to view a price breakdown for why certain adjutments are being made

Maybe I'm crazy (AirBnB support certainly makes me feel like I'm an idiot everytime I call them) but the calendar seems to change everytime I try and get a grasp on what my pricing is doing.  I've been using the professional calendar, which doesn't show any of the breakdowns for taxes or fees and randomly, if I click on certain days (which do not have any specific promotions designated) it shows the nightly base price and just below that it shows the adjusted price, which is about 40% less than the base price.  Again, there is not a promotion assigned to that day, certainly not a 40% discount, and it will not show me a breakdown as to why it has adjusted the price that much.  Furthermore, if I switch to the traditional calendar and click on the same day, that adjusted price is not there and it shows the guest paying the full base rate plus taxes and fees.  And if I go into traveler mode and click on my listing, the price lines up with the full base price.  So it is just this random feature on the professional calendar that seems to have no rhyme or rhythm as to why it is happening. 

How are people dealing with the mess that is the AirBnB pricing tool?  AirBnB seems completely unaware of its own problems and they tend to talk to me like I'm crazy and nothing is amiss.  Should I just start listing on VRBO and dump AirBnB or is this manageable? Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey there @Pat10675, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with calendar pricing. I'm just going to tag some lovely hosts who have helped members that have also had trouble with their calendars. @Joan2709 @Lorina14 would you kindly be able to help shed some light? 🙏🏽

Thank you 😊

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines