Verify owner of a managed property

Ashleigh136
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

Verify owner of a managed property

Hi,

Does anyone know how to contact the legal dept of air bnb? I am struggling to get any sensible response to an issue I have and it appears my questions are either being purposely ignored or not understood.
I’m being blocked from receiving info from a mgmt company who has been listing my property as they are acting improperly. They’re trying to charge me a penalty purporting to have  been levied by air bnb when per the Air BnB t&c the penalty shouldn’t apply (bookings cancelled due to my apt being flooded). Ive tried over and over to receive any support for the penalty and have been ghosted by my own manager (but they control the rent so can deduct things at will). In an extreme they could have had the penalty cancelled but are just charging me and pocket it themselves. I’ve tried to reach out to air bnb to raise the issue and get info direct but am being told I am not named on the listing so they won’t speak to me. I’ve also been helpfully told over and over to speak to the company and Air bnb can’t help. Ive explained the scenario over and over with equally baffling and non-sensical responses each time. The way to unlock a response from air bnb appears to hinge around them not being willing to identify me as owner (despite my willingness to provide any proof needed). Surely air bnb however should have done checks when a company lists the property to understand that the owner has actually given consent for this to happen and thus who the owner actually is? How if they don’t do this do they not in an extreme have a company listing a company without the owners knowledge! The whole experience with air bnb has been baffling and I need to escalate it to a competent department but have no idea how to get out of the merry go round of customer relations. 

Many thanks for any help. 

1 Reply 1
Koushik2
Level 1
Bradenton, FL

AirBnb needs to start verifying ownership of property big time otherwise the fall is imminent, just a matter of time.