Wait list

Mark3552
Level 1
United States

Wait list

It’s frustrating for the host and guests when someone asks to be put on a wait list and there really  is no easy way to do that. They can keep checking in but it would be nice to have someway where it’s simple where you can notify them right when theres a cancelation. I can’t email guests  directly and if airbnb can provide a platform for hosts to be able to put names on a list in their dashboard at the certain time guests are wanting to book. It’s hard to get the info of the guests and put it in a calendar and also put in their info. Just a simple way to make it easy for both guests and hosts would be a real benefit. Thanks, Mark

airbnb/h/canyon-hideout-bungalow

airbnb/h/canyon-hideout-cabin

4 Replies 4

@Mark3552   I think if your place is in such high demand that people are asking about wait lists, a new booking is bound to come along when you get a cancellation. But of course you can always use the original message thread from your inquiry when an opening comes up. 

What you might suggest to your prospective guests is that they save all the listings they're interested in using the Wish List feature. Then, they can always input their desired travel dates and search for availability within that list. If your listing happens to be included on that list, it's a win-win situation.

Aletha7
Level 1
Portland, OR

I second this! I am not a host, but I know from a customer perspective this would be really useful! There are a few places I've had my eye on for a year now that are just NEVER available and I would love to be notified of any cancellations

The9212
Level 1
Richmond, KY

There really needs to be a Waitlist feature. I get this question at least 3 times a week.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mark3552 @The9212 @Aletha7 @Anonymous 

I have honestly never though about this, but it's a really good idea. I do know that I get a lot of former guests wanting to book with me and not being able to because the dates aren't available. Often, I hear about this later...