What do you think about charging guests for filling their inflatable pools that they bring and set up in the property's yard?

Ema3296
Level 3
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

What do you think about charging guests for filling their inflatable pools that they bring and set up in the property's yard?

IMG_8018.jpeg

Our property doesn’t have a pool, so it’s not part of the facility, but we have had guests who stay for an extended period bring large inflatable pools that require around 3000 liters of water to fill. What do you think about charging guests
for filling their inflatable pools? 

2 Replies 2

@Ema3296 

I can think of all sorts of reasons not to allow this. The biggest issue is Host liability. Would your insurance even allow this? I had another Host who wanted to provide a kiddie pool and the insurance company said NO WAY!

The second is cost of water if you are on a public water system. The 3rd issue I see is practicality. How and where will they be draining and tearing down the pool when they leave.

Ema3296
Level 3
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Dear @Joan2709,

thank you for your insights. I understand the concerns you’ve raised. Regarding insurance, I'll definitely check to ensure that allowing a pool aligns with our coverage. I also appreciate your point about the cost of water. It is reason to charge. Additionally, I’ll consider the practical aspects, such as how the pool will be drained and dismantled after use. I want to make sure that all potential issues are addressed before making a final decision.

Thanks again for your answer.

Best regards,

Ema