What is the ideal check-out time for your listing?

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

What is the ideal check-out time for your listing?

check out 2.jpg

Hello everyone! 😊

Check-in and check-out times are essential for providing our guests with an outstanding experience. In fact, some travelers choose our accommodations specifically because the timing aligns with their needs.

What check-out time do you offer? Are you flexible with this schedule? Have you made any adjustments based on guest feedback?

We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments! What do you consider the best check-out time, and why?

Warm regards! 🦋

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

47 Replies 47

10 am is ideal 11am also doable and we are flexible and can arrange for bags to be left later if needed 

Jaret12
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

I use 11:00 am. I think it's pretty standard. Later may make it hard to have it ready before our 4:00 pm check-in, if the guest leaves a mess or we need to do some maintenance. Earlier may make it hard for the guest to be packed up and out on time. 

Garry155
Level 2
Derby, United Kingdom

Hi

We are a little flexible on times but state 11am check out but by request can be negotiated 

Helle5406
Level 1
Gilleleje, Denmark

Jeg synes at kl. 12 er det rigtige tidspunkt, så gæsterne kan have en rolig morgen!

og indcheckning kl. 14, så der er tid til at recognisere inden aften.

Hilsen Helle

Hanif32
Level 2
East Java, Indonesia

Here in Indonesia, 12PM is actually the standard checkout time. But I'm following the standard of Airbnb, which is 11AM. I run a 6 bedroom villa and I think its the right choice for us. However, if there's no guests after, I would allow them to check out at 12PM. It really depends on each guests.

Erin7976
Level 2
Golden, CO

We communicate 10 am (we have cleaners who do multiple properties), but try to be as flexible as possible. If no one is checking in the same day, I will proactively reach out and let them know they can have a bit more time. Same goes with check-in. It is scheduled for 4 pm, but always communicate to them if it is ready earlier 

Filippo526
Level 2
Hafnarfjörður, Iceland

Check out 11 am, check in 4 pm .. always very flexible though

Before noon 🙂

Elizabeth2983
Level 1
Kristiansund, Norway

12 at the latest. 

Jamie1129
Level 1
Nashwauk, MN

We do 11am check out, if they need later we can accommodate,  we're pretty flexible.  Same with check in. If we can accommodate we do our best.

Ingrida11
Level 2
Kaunas, Lithuania

Hello,

The ideal check-out is for my listing until 12.00

Ingrida

Eshwar12
Level 2
St Estevam Island, India

11am or 12 noon is pretty much standard here in India. 

11am for my listings. 

Ensemble-Five0
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

In our rentals, the standard check-out time is 11 AM, but we aim to be flexible when we can. If a guest requests a late check-out and we have availability, we usually accommodate it for a small additional fee. This not only adds convenience for guests but also generates extra revenue to cover the extended housekeeping window and other logistics.

Gabrielle466
Level 2
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

10 am is ideal for us, but we are flexible if there are no bookings for that day. We have 8-10beds which make it difficult to change linen and make beds, and also clean the whole house, should guests arrive at 2pm check-in. In summertime 10am is never a problem, but wintertime we might want to change to 11am...