When is a weekend three days

Answered!

When is a weekend three days

I have just searched for my listing via any weekend in May. It did not appear yet I am not booked for the weekend of the 20th / 21st May. Got onto Airbnb support.

I am told that because I am booked on the Friday night (the 19th) this classes as part of the weekend therefore my listing does not show up under weekends. So being free and available on the Saturday/Sunday nights I do not show up on weekend searches as I am booked Friday night.

So from Airbnb the weekend is Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night.

Once again an Airbnb'ism. I work five days a week and have two days off. I do not work four days a week and have three days off.

Airbnb making the world their own once again.

1 Best Answer
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Andrew1813  It actually makes sense IF you recognize that AirBnB rents by the night, not by the day.  So as long as I have a guest who is leaving Friday morning, my listing will show as available for the weekend as Friday and Saturday nights are open for booking.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Ruth413
Level 10
Moreton, United Kingdom

@Andrew1813   I totally agree with Airbnb making up their own ideas about what classes as a weekend or a week.

What I have found though is that Airbnb has decided weekends are just Friday and Saturday - not Sunday.  When they rolled out this change, I had a minimum stay of 3 nights.  I didn't show up under weekends at all.  So to actually be seen I had to reduce minimum stays to 2 nights, which is not what I wanted to do. 

The same for a weeks stay.  In my mind a week is 7 days, but searches come up for just 5 days when you press the week button.  So even if the listing is available for 7 days, it could still just show 5 days.  A flawed system I think.  It could be possible that Airbnb have mistaken week for mid-week ?  But I must admit I haven't checked whether the weeks dates include weekends or not. 

All the best

Ruth

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Andrew1813  It actually makes sense IF you recognize that AirBnB rents by the night, not by the day.  So as long as I have a guest who is leaving Friday morning, my listing will show as available for the weekend as Friday and Saturday nights are open for booking.