Why is my blocked calendar in Australia due to Covid?

Answered!
Martha756
Level 1
Pennant Hills, Australia

Why is my blocked calendar in Australia due to Covid?

Have you had a look at the incidence of COVID-19 in NSW Australia?

I totally support Airbnb's policy of enhanced cleaning in places where the Corona virus is active, like California and in Oregon where my son lives. But Australia has almost eradicated the virus, so it doesn't make sense to apply the enhanced cleaning here.

I am not going to agree to something I won't do and which is silly. NSW has had no community transmissions for the past 2 months except for 1 staffer working in hotel quarantine. Contact tracing is very thorough here.

So I object to having my calendar blocked for a spurious reason. Please reconsider your application of this rule to Australia.

--Martha Mollison
1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Martha756 I can only assume that you do not need the income Airbnb brought to you. The cleaning protocols are definitely stupid (especially in some countries) but you can work to the letter of them without adding too much time/effort to the cleaning.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Martha756 I can only assume that you do not need the income Airbnb brought to you. The cleaning protocols are definitely stupid (especially in some countries) but you can work to the letter of them without adding too much time/effort to the cleaning.