create discount code

Nicole3062
Level 2
Portland, OR

create discount code

I want to offer a friends & family discount. Is there a way to create custom discounts as a host? 

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just have them book directly for an agreed price @Nicole3062  

Thanks for responding! Yes, I do know about that. I wanted to see if there’s a way to create codes so that people can book on their own, plug that in and always get a % off. For example I could give guests a code after a stay for a return visit or to my friends or networking to generate business. So a few scenarios that I don’t have to bother with specific offers each time. 

bingo.  If this has since been resolved, can you please clue me in?

I'm not giving discounts if I have to manage every instance individually

Hi @Nicole3062 

It appears that you can offer a friends & family discount on Airbnb by creating a custom discount link or using the special offer feature but not the usual (guest add promo codes on the Airbnb booking page):

Custom Promo Links: Airbnb allows you to create a custom promotional link that offers a specific discount for friends and family. You can set up this link directly from your hosting dashboard under the "Promotions" tab. This link can be shared with anyone, and when they use it to book your listing, the discount is automatically applied. Please see article: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2982 

Special Offers: If someone is interested in your listing but hasn't booked yet, you can send them a special offer. This can be done through the message thread with the potential guest. You can specify a custom price that reflects the discount you wish to give them. Please see article: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/35

Both methods let you control how much discount you want to provide, and they are great ways to manage bookings from people you know.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Upfish Management

I'm still not exactly sure how to create a discount code. The article directs me to provide a special offer which I am familiar with but I don't see the option to create a code on my dashboard or via the article. Do you have a direct link to where that option is offered? Thanks 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Nicole3062 👋

I just wanted to pop on and tag in a few Hosts too, so we can see if they can share their tips for creating a discount code? 

@Joan2709 & @Debra300, I hope you don't mind me tagging you, I wondered if you've mastered this discount technique? 😊 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi @Nicole3062 

@Rebecca tagged me on your post. Unfortunately, Airbnb doesn't have a discount code or coupon option you can send to specific friends & family that I am aware of. You would need to use the Special Offer option after your friends and family send you an inquiry. You can send Airbnb feedback and request this, as I do think it's a good idea.