how to change number of beds in the house

Anne13404
Level 1
Nevada City, CA

how to change number of beds in the house

I have recently changed my home from 'entire home' to 'room' for renting. 

I've figured out all the rest...but for the life of me, I cannot change the amount of BEDS in the house. I've looked under listings, and changed all amenities etc...but no where is the word...how many beds? is it that I am allowing two people to stay as a visitor amount of people allowed here, and so it things I have two beds??? I've spent an hour trying to figure this out...now I'm totally confused. 😞

10 Replies 10
Gordon285
Level 1
El Sobrante, CA

Same problem here! I wrote about it last week in this forum, received a reply that made zero sense.

UNDER "Listing details" and then "Rooms and spaces"...

appears "Bed: 2" but this cannot be edited. It needs to say "Bed: 1."

I know how to edit a "listing details" and edit the "Rooms as spaces." Click on "Edit" to the right of each of the above sections.

After I received the only suggestion, I reported this problem to TECH SUPPORT.

Ciao

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Anne13404, I wanted to share this discussion thread which Gordon is referencing here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Ask-about-your-listing/Cannot-edit-my-listing/td-p/1818132

I also wanted to share the Help Center article that details about adding sleeping arrangements to your listing. I am not quite sure if it solves the issue, based on Gordon's feedback. But shared it just in case.

@Gordon285 Did you manage to get this one solved or hear back from tech support about it? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Debra300
Top Contributor
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Anne13404,

This process to update bedroom information has changed with the recent platform Spring 2024 platform release.  I provide screenshots of the steps to update bedroom info in this thread:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Circle/Is-there-a-way-to-ask-a-right-person-on-Airbnb-to-st....

Don't just believe what I say, check the Airbnb Help Center

you have to change in each bedroom. 

Hi @Anne13404 to change the number of beds in your Airbnb listing, you may follow the steps below. 

1. In the "Listing Details" section, you will find various details about your listing including the allowed number of guests, number of bedrooms, number of beds, etc. Look for 'Rooms and Spaces', click 'Edit'.

2. You can then make changes, such as removing or adding photos to specific room sections. 

3. Click, Edit rooms and spaces, and ensure the number of each section for your home is set up correctly. 

4. Next, look for Sleeping arrangements for each Bed under 'Rooms and Spaces', here you will find detailed information about the types and number of beds available in each room. Hope this helps! 

I don't have a "Rooms and Spaces" under "Listing Details"?  It is showing I only have 1.5 baths but I have 2 full baths.  I can't seem to change it.  Thoughts?  Thanks

Hi @Rhonda421 

Airbnb uses your photos of bedrooms and bathrooms to show the correct number of beds and bathrooms on your listing.

Bedroom 3

I see your bedroom 3 photo you have not indicated the size of the bed under the sleeping arrangements option on the photo, so the number of beds is not correct on your listing. Go to the photo for bedroom 3 and choose "sleeping arrangements" and add the bed size.

Bathrooms

The listing does show 2 full bathrooms?

Joan2709_0-1720838196172.png

Jean-Francois45
Level 2
Burwood, Australia

I struggled with this this morning. guest asked to confirm number of bed and i knew it was 2 queens + a sofa so totall of 3. guest said my listing showed 4. tried to change it but it's actually not possible.

You have to go into each room and EDIT THE SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS for EACH ROOM individually. 

The system will then do a new tally and then show the proper number of beds according to what you added.

Dont worry, I am confused too and I have been programming software for 30 years.

The problem with the airbnb-app is that it is not structured from top to down, for example I have one house, 3 rooms,and for each room is so an so, kitchen is so, living room is so.

Instead the app is made "one-way" so you have to do it correct first time. Later when you will edit, it is near impossible to understand where to do this.

Anyway, change of room is, under "Listing" you select the wanted listing (that means the house or room you want to modify). Then go to "Manage photos" (dont ask me why!!?) and add a "dummy photo" which you later can "move" down to a new room, for example a new bed room, which might be called bedroom2.  This bedroom2 you can edit with sleeping arrangement and details of security and so.  Later you can add the correct photo and move it to this bedroom 2.

If you already had ready the correct photo, you of course added it instead of the dummy photo, but my experience is that adding dummy-info first is much faster, since you never know all what the airbnb-app is going to require when you register. 

Good luck.

To update the number of beds in your rental listing on G-Vortex Patch 10, navigate to your listing details and locate the section for room amenities. Look for an option specifically labeled "Number of Beds" or "Bed Configuration." If you can't find this option directly, try checking under a broader category like "Room Details" or "Amenities & Accommodations." Ensure that you've saved any changes you make before exiting the editing interface.