Using hyperlinks in quick replys

Answered!
Dale71
Level 3
Edmonton, Canada

Using hyperlinks in quick replys

Hello fellow hosts,

I would like to insert hyperlinks in my quick replys when I reference check-in instructions, or house manual etc.

I noticed there was an insert link for checkout instructions (which I don't use) but for none of the other info for guests items.

IMG_20240221_091047~2.jpg

 infact, having an option to link a page, image, or video to any of these items would be extremely useful

Screenshot_2024-02-21-09-42-43-004_com.airbnb.android~2.jpg Is there a way to do this that I'm not aware of?

Id really like to link a video for smart lock operation

1 Best Answer

Hi @Dale71 

@Paula tagged me on this and the answer is yes; you can add a hyperlink to a web page or video to any Quick Reply or Scheduled message. You just create a check-in scheduled message and manually type your hyperlink to the smart lock video in the message. I have created a check-in message that included instructions on how to operate the hot tub cover. I included a hyperlink to a video on how to do that in the message. The problem is getting guests to actually watch the video! 😊

Some Hosts have had to create a QR code to the video they want guests to watch and post it next to the smart lock, hot tub, etc. Sign says "scan QR code with your phone to see instructions on how to use the hot tub cover". Many guests simply won't take the time to watch it though, leading to broken hot tub covers! 😡🤷

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Dale71, were you able to find any insights on this topic elsewhere?

👉Here are some conversations related to the topic; feel free to modify the keywords to find more results.

I'm also reaching out to one of our experienced Hosts, @Joan2709 , in case she would like to share some ideas on this.

All the best,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Hi @Dale71 

@Paula tagged me on this and the answer is yes; you can add a hyperlink to a web page or video to any Quick Reply or Scheduled message. You just create a check-in scheduled message and manually type your hyperlink to the smart lock video in the message. I have created a check-in message that included instructions on how to operate the hot tub cover. I included a hyperlink to a video on how to do that in the message. The problem is getting guests to actually watch the video! 😊

Some Hosts have had to create a QR code to the video they want guests to watch and post it next to the smart lock, hot tub, etc. Sign says "scan QR code with your phone to see instructions on how to use the hot tub cover". Many guests simply won't take the time to watch it though, leading to broken hot tub covers! 😡🤷

Thanks, @Joan2709 !  I tried typing in the website address, for my PDF doc on Google Drive, into a scheduled message, but it doesn't become a hyperlink.  Looks like a guest would have to copy and paste the address to go to the website.  Could you please advise what I am doing wrong?

Appreciate any help!

-Farah

Hi @Farah148 

Just checked some of our Quick Replies and you are right...Airbnb apparently doesn't allow hyperlinks in messages anymore. As you said, the guest will have to copy and paste the link. As an alternative, you can text them the link instead.

Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hi @Dale71, I hope the great response from Joan has helped you with adding hyperlinks.

Keep us posted if you have any further questions, as our Host community will be happy to help.

Thanks so much, @Joan2709 🌻

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad