my listing

Answered!
John6884
Level 1
North Wildwood, NJ

my listing

I want a responsible group, seasonal workers,  college students, etc   Looking for just seasonal booking.  I offer just a plain house near the action and the fun.  OK to pack them in and have a great summer.   This is my first attempt. How can I see and edit before being published? advice is appreciated. 

1 Best Answer

@John6884 , you may want to be careful in how you plan on offering your property. “Packing them in,” will only lead to destruction of property and upset neighbors. Granted this is only seasonal but you ideally would like to offer a place that doesn’t come off as a frat house.  The picture of your listing should include bedrooms/bathroom and or kitchen (if one is included). Listing details of any amenities and house rules. Personally, I wouldn’t post a picture of the boat unless you have wording or a disclaimer that the boat is not available for rental. Better yet, I would just remove the photo. I would highly recommend you have outdoor cameras installed (make sure to properly disclose them on your listing according to Airbnb guidelines).  Cameras would help you monitor the property and protect you from any unauthorized parties and or unauthorized guest(s).

Start small so you can get a feel how STRs work and if successful, you can expand. Make sure you are in compliance with your local municipality rules and regulations as it pertains to STR (short term rentals) as Airbnb function is limited and does not monitor municipalities housing zoning regulations and /or tax collection/reporting requirements.

Best of luck!!!

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

There are some functionality you can only access once you publish the listing @John6884 

personally I wouldn't be looking to 'pack guests in' make sure you have arrangements in place to regularly clean communal areas and provide decent spaces in bedrooms etc. 

Ortal7
Level 1
SF, CA

Can you clarify what you mean by "see and edit"? Do you want to create a listing and see it before it's published, or something else?

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"..pack them in.." as in 16 persons allowed in for $100 total a night?

Don't be too surprised when your neighbors show up with pitch forks and torches in the middle of  the night complaining.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John6884 I wouldn't spend too much time on your listing. If you encourage people to party it will be shut down pretty quickly anyway.

@John6884 , you may want to be careful in how you plan on offering your property. “Packing them in,” will only lead to destruction of property and upset neighbors. Granted this is only seasonal but you ideally would like to offer a place that doesn’t come off as a frat house.  The picture of your listing should include bedrooms/bathroom and or kitchen (if one is included). Listing details of any amenities and house rules. Personally, I wouldn’t post a picture of the boat unless you have wording or a disclaimer that the boat is not available for rental. Better yet, I would just remove the photo. I would highly recommend you have outdoor cameras installed (make sure to properly disclose them on your listing according to Airbnb guidelines).  Cameras would help you monitor the property and protect you from any unauthorized parties and or unauthorized guest(s).

Start small so you can get a feel how STRs work and if successful, you can expand. Make sure you are in compliance with your local municipality rules and regulations as it pertains to STR (short term rentals) as Airbnb function is limited and does not monitor municipalities housing zoning regulations and /or tax collection/reporting requirements.

Best of luck!!!