'room only' listings and 'superhost' status

Frankie2
Level 2
Swansea, United Kingdom

'room only' listings and 'superhost' status

I've noticed that my 'room only' listing simply disappears all together from the search results when potential guests use the first filter available which is a choice between 'room' and 'entire home'. 

My initial research into what is going on there suggest that only 'room only' hosts with a 'superhost' status are affected. New 'room only' listings or listings with lower ratings still show when that initial 'room' filter is applied, as well of course any 'guest favourite' listings. 

Can Airbnb please fix what seems to be a serious bug in the system!

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

I think the issue is to have the room in a home category you need to offer shared facilities with your guests - so for example I offer shared living room/dining room, kitchen and garden.

your listing offers a self contained bedroom and bathroom but no rooms shared with the host so doesn't qualify @Frankie2 

Frankie2
Level 2
Swansea, United Kingdom

The bedroom and the bathroom in the listing are indeed for guests only, but when filling in the details of the other areas available to guests in the 'property and rooms' section ('rooms and spaces' sub-section), I have clearly indicated that the lounge, kitchen and garden are also available to guests on a shared basis with me. I can't see that information reflected in that format in the final listing, so not sure of what's the point of that section.

That information about shared spaces is repeated in the 'listing description' (guest access sub-section'), and the 'amenities' section, both of which guests can find if they take the time to read the whole listing.

Still, thanks for taking the time trying to find a solution! 🙂

Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

IMG_1119.png

If you look at my listing it say shared common spaces and Room in a home with access to shared spaces .

--------------

if you look at your listing it doesn't 

Frankie2
Level 2
Swansea, United Kingdom

Interesting!

Something has changed with my listing since I started this post. It is now classified as a 'guest favourite' one as opposed to show my 'superhost' status.

Still in search results when I straight go to the 'guest favourite' filter, which will then include both 'rooms' and 'entire homes'. But as soon as I apply the 'room' filter (which would be the first filter potential guests would apply), my listing simply disappears. Really bizarre.

I only relisted that listing yesterday after a six months break. May be I need to be patient while the system decides what to do. It certainly no longer looks like an issue with being 'just' a superhost.

Zheng49
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

From your description, does seem like a bug.

'Any type' suggests to me that it could be a room or entire house. However, there may other reasons at play here. Without further investigation I cannot offer any more insight into this issue.

I hope you get it resolved soon though.