SUPERHOST REWARD DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

Carol302
Level 7
Winchcombe, GB

SUPERHOST REWARD DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

As a UK Airbnb host I can claim very little financial support from the UK Government to compensate me for my lost earnings during the pandemic. There is little available for free lances/self-employed and we are eligible for help only once we have spent all our savings apart from a remaining sum of 6000 GBP. I would like Airbnb, on the occasion of the next superhost reward payment to give us CASH rather than a voucher to spend in another Airbnb listing. The cash I feel would be of real practical help and also show us that Airbnb does actually care for us hosts in a practical way - rather than the underwhelming emails and notifications we have had which are cursory and not particularly helpful. What do you all think? Sorry about the capitals - I am not shouting, merely for emphasis. Stay well folks and do NOT accept ANY guests into your personal home from ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME until this pandemic is truly over. xxxxxxx

20 Replies 20
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Linda108@Carol302@Huma0@Susan17@Mika8@Catherine2252,

Sorry for not responding sooner. Just to let you know, I'm looking into this with the Superhost team. As soon as I know more I'll update you. 

To add for anyone who is wondering what is happening with Superhost status in general, a couple of the Superhost badge requirements have been waived for this quarter and will be reviewed for the next one depending on how the present situation goes. To read more about this take a look here

Thank you and speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Lizzie  that's much appreciated.

As you know, we are not property tycoons and it seems unfair to be eliminated when we are just renting rooms in our own homes.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Sorry @Lizzie  wrong thread! Thought you were responding to the one RE the Superhost fund...

@Lizzie  Thanks Lizzie. I too have a Super Host bonus that I would like to use, but with sheltering in place have not been able to and it expires this month. It would be great if AirBnB would extend the expiration date on these coupons.  

Matthew1198
Level 2
Redmond, OR

To join this conversation, I am completely frustrated with the policy around this coupon in general. We are issued a $100 coupon as a reward for helping ou guests... and keeping a high Airbnb reputation. If you redeem the coupon, then change your booking hours later - the coupon is considered "used" and you are out the $100 benefit. It doesn't make any sense - and I wish Airbnb would support their Super Hosts better. We go above and beyond to keep great reviews and happy customers.

Suzanne75
Level 3
Vashon, WA

Hi all, just joining this conversation. I discovered yesterday that my superhost voucher expired in August and they refused to extend it despite the fact that we of course have not been able to travel. This is insult to injury for Airbnb hosts who were forced to refund untold millions of dollars to reservations that had to be cancelled due to the virus. Their reward to us? Not extend our vouchers. It is despicable. I am planning to write an article about it and try to get it published in some travel magazines. Please send me your stories to suzanneggreenberg@gmail.com