review mistake

Jochem8
Level 2
Leiden, Netherlands

review mistake

My guest hardly read the welcome mail I've send him when he made the reservation, also he didn't (or only half) read the arrival guide that airbnb always send 24h before check-in.  As a result he to himself into some misunderstanding, ended up at a wrong adres. I wish he would have contacted me when it happened, so I could have helped him, but he didn't even tell me about it (not even after I've met him in person) apparently he was very irritated anyway, which I wasn't aware of until I read his bad review, where he blamed it all on me for being not correct and being badly organised. When I explained him he admitted that it wasn't my fault and asked me if he could change the review.

On top of that he wrote that I had bad coffee, but when I asked what he means by that, because my guests have a choice of 10 different types of brands and strengths, so how could it all be not good enough for him(?) , he told me that it was a typo-mistake of him.  

So his review gives false information, which he agrees himself also.  Is there any way this can be removed or edited at all???

2 Antwoorden 2
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello/hallo @Jochem8, I found this article👈 about reviews which says: 

"If you think a review violates the Reviews Policy, you can report it to us. Reviews will be removed if they violate our Reviews Policy, and both the guest and Host will be informed of this decision upon removal."

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Jochem8
Level 2
Leiden, Netherlands

Thank you for you reply Quincy.

I've read these articles already, but the current conditions to remove a review don't apply in the 2 key-points of this story. (guest's  type-mistake (1) + not-proper-reading(2) )

There's an update I need to mention;
Air-b-n-b had send me an American tel nr, that I can send to my guest, so he can contact the office directly to discuss this problem. I have forwarded the mail to my guest, and he has opened it as well.

I hope he is willing to take the time and effort to do this for me....

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf