1% vs. 3% for cancelling Superhost

Preet100
Level 1
Edmonton, Canada

1% vs. 3% for cancelling Superhost

I have Superhost for many years and far exceed the minimum standards to achieve Superhost. I do many many long term hostings which requires maintaining high standards over an extended period of time rather than 1 or 2 days. I cancelled ONE very short 2 or 3 day booking last November 2019. I was hosting till Covid hit us with many booking in my calendar going all the way to August 2020. Life, other than death, happens and occasionally us Superhost even need to cancel.. I feel cancellations should be increased to 3% before losing Superhost status. Because of our current situation with covid around the world.....I cannot get my status back despite performaing well beyond minimum Superhost requirements!! The 1% cancellation needs a reassessment!!! It should be increased to 3%. When you run a busy business..... circumstances (other than death and medical events) do arise occasionally!!

1 Reply 1
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Cancellations are, for obvious reasons, the antichrist for platforms like Airbnb, @Preet100. We're all busy, but making sure a booking doesn't take you by surprise is something we need to pay close attention to.

Finding out a host has cancelled on you feels pretty rubbish, and the Airbnb newbie is likely to tell all their friends about it.