25% payout actually 13.8%

Mischa7
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

25% payout actually 13.8%

Hi fellow hosts,

as thoughtful as it is from Airbnb to refund 25% on cancelled bookings due to COV19, does yours come to actually 13.8% too?

When asked the support, the explanation was avoided like a rush - indicating the gesture is in fact a lie.

Is yours really 25%.

M

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mischa7 depending on when the cancellation happened it would be 25% or 12.5% of the host payout but not including cleaning fees, taxes etc.

If you supply the figures for the booking I'll happily try and make it add up

Mischa7
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

@Mike-And-Jane0  thank you for responding but my point is that 'yes' I am eligible and have received an email from Airbnb stating I am eligible for 25% at 333.61$.  However, this actually is 13.8% from 1974.90 total payout (post fees & taxes) and 25% is actually 603.61$

The point is that when I  asked Airbnb support they were avoidant as I have clearly hit the nail on its head.  And then left the conversation. In addition that they are no longer able to see the screenshots and unable to explain what that feature in the chat is for from now on. Surely the reaction is self-explanatory? Shocking

Either Airbnb says you get 13.8% but why saying 25%? I was asking in this forum if anyone arrived at different % too. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mischa7 

25% of 1974.9 is 493.73

333.61 is 16.89% of 1974.9

So there is something strange with the maths unless there are different currencies involved

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Mischa7 I can't make the numbers add up to 333.61. If you have a strict policy and the cancellation was more than 7 days prior to check in then you have done well to get 13.8%. I agree that, unless you have a massive cleaning fee, and the cancellation was within 7 days of check in then you seem to have been short changed.

My 12.5%s were close enough to my expectation not to bother seeing how they were calculated.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Mischa7  If you reread the info about the 25% refund, it does state that it is 25% of what you would have received had your cancellation policy been upheld, not 25% of the total reservation cost. So if you normally would have received 50% if a guest cancelled, you are due 25% of 50%, which is 12.5%. 

It was definitely a nice little PR stunt to broadcast 25%, but the fact is that the offer did state that it was 25% of the cancellation percentage, which it seems many hosts failed to read in the midst of the kaffufle of so many cancellations, and concern about making ends meet and staying safe from a deadly virus..