25% payout

Daragh4
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

25% payout

Good Morning All

Hope you and yours are safe and well.. 

For hosts with a strict cancellation policy.. 

Scenario 1: cancelled by guest or Airbnb: 12.5% of booking - cleaning fee... Cancellation over 7 days before due check in date

Scenario 2: cancelled by Airbnb or guest: 25% of booking - cleaning fee... Cancellation within 7 days of check in

I had a guest no show, wss paid 100%.. 10 days later Airbnb retroactively refunded guest and put my future Transactions in deficit.   The message thread clearly shows guest confirming free trip 20th August.   25% refund..

29 Replies 29
Keith6
Level 4
Daytona Beach, FL

Anyone know when we will receive the 25% refunds from Airbnb for the cancellations which Airbnb let the guest cancel with 100% refund during the March14-April 15th dates?

Any more info on this? I’m looking too.

Me too!

Linnea11
Level 2
Marbella, Spain

I also wonder when we will get the 25% payout, it was previously mentioned that we would get an email beginning of April so I guess we will have to wait a few more days. 

Have you figured it out?

I have just received the message through email saying that payout should be within a month after cancellation. 

Thank you for sharing

Gary50
Level 2
Glasgow, United Kingdom

I've had guests cancelling since early March and all the way into December due to Covid, how do you know what guests used the extenuating circumstances bit and how many just clicked until a refund? How do you ask for the refund for guests from before that? How long should you wait for the email?

Could use some specifics.

I'm not sure if guests can use the extenuating circumstances bit for bookings with check-in after 31th of May? Unless their flights etc are canceled. I guess all of us are still waiting for a lot of info... 😕 

I am looking for the same info

James321
Level 3
Huron, OH

I was excited as a host when I heard of the “retroactive” host refund of 25% since all of our reservations dried up along with all our income. Thought Airbnb was finally doing something for hosts who have been decimated by this awful policy overriding our cancellation policy. Of course that announcement was almost 2 weeks ago and I still haven’t been paid a dime. Starting to think it was just a PR stunt and no one is getting paid anything. Has anyone actually gotten a payout from Airbnb?? No dates set for this at all? Sounds very arbitrary and fake. 

I agree- on their site it gives you the runaround and it feels like it won’t happen- haven’t seen a follow up at all and we are mid April. 

I have not received any email with any information regarding the 25% payout.  I started getting cancellations March 11th

Andrew1776
Level 2
Galway, Ireland

This is the reply I got yesterday

Community Expert19:33
ok Andrew i get it but there is no established date yet for this 25% refund