25% payout

Daragh4
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

25% payout

Good Morning All

Hope you and yours are safe and well.. 

For hosts with a strict cancellation policy.. 

Scenario 1: cancelled by guest or Airbnb: 12.5% of booking - cleaning fee... Cancellation over 7 days before due check in date

Scenario 2: cancelled by Airbnb or guest: 25% of booking - cleaning fee... Cancellation within 7 days of check in

I had a guest no show, wss paid 100%.. 10 days later Airbnb retroactively refunded guest and put my future Transactions in deficit.   The message thread clearly shows guest confirming free trip 20th August.   25% refund..

29 Replies 29

really??  thank you for sharing.  I am starting to think it is just a PR stunt too

Vincent744
Level 2
Ville-d'Avray, France

Hi all, I'm in the same situation. No idea how to get this 25% refund and when it will come. No mail and no news so far. Any news on your side ?

I'm in the same position as you.  I have received absolutely no solid information regarding the 25% payouts

Airbnb if you are listening...we hosts need concrete information regarding 25% PAYOUT.  What reservations qualify?  How much will we receive?  When will we receive it???  HELP!

Kyrill-and-Lisa0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Still waiting as well

Kyrill-and-Lisa0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Copying the exact wording of one of the Airbnb customer services assistance: " eligible cancellations are those cancellations where guests preferred a travel coupon instead of a full refund when entitled to." We are shocked to be honest 

Wow, they have presented us with misleading information for sure!

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

Thank you. 

Debbie35
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I received my "25% payout". Be aware that it is based on your cancelation policy. Mine is set as "strict", so my payout after cancelation is 50%. Airbnb provided 25% credit of my cancelation payout minus Airbnb fees. It is a little disappointing, but better than nothing. I asked airbnb if flexible policy will get anything. No response yet. 

Debbie35
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Airbnb confirmed that flexible and moderate cancelation policy will not likely receive the "25% payout" 

William1280
Level 2
New York, NY

A guest agreed, which is within the email exchange, that I be paid a portion of her stay; this was on March 11. I was paid only to have it credited from my 25% payout due to the extenuating circumstance (EC). Air BnB states the EC supersedes the agreement. 

More importantly, I did not receive the 25% payout for that reservation. 

I do this full time and not to have any income since March - possibly June is catastrophic. 

The best part about this pandemic is I have my mother/best friend with me quarantining.

Pandemic happened in the middle of her stay.

Ida2004
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

Yep 

Vanessa921
Level 2
Royal Palm Beach, FL

I have just been told by Airbnb that my 12 cancellations due to Covid and travel bans do not qualify for the 25% compensation because they cancelled more than a week before their check in! Of course they did! They knew they couldn't travel Internationally or they knew the State of Florida banned all Vacation Rentals through May now. So when guests know this why would they wait to cancel knowing they can't checkin during the shut down. So now to add salt to the wound, after waiting for that 25%, now told we will be receiving Zero. We were also never invited to be part of the grant.

I hear ya. I just started October 1st so I didn’t qualify even though I was a SuperHost. Frustrating. And I had a strict cancellation policy which is annoying regarding the 25%