5th Anniversary! Month of Celebration 2021

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

5th Anniversary! Month of Celebration 2021

Nick_1-1637149914824.png

Hiya everyone!

Since December 2017, we have held the annual Month of Celebrations here in the Community Center throughout December, which means that this time around is our fifth anniversary! Wow, time does fly when you are among great company 😃

For those of you who haven't heard of this before, the "rules" couldn't be simpler:

Each December day, a different community member posts a new topic about something positive! This can be a nice story, personal experience, tips, milestones, traditions, fun facts... whatever gives you a smile! Each time, we have shared some great conversations and laughs.

Last year we had some great topics, including @Deborah82 with Things which brought us joy and festive carols from @Cathie19 with It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas

I hope you will all enjoy this dose of positivity whether you get involved or just fancy reading and sharing your thoughts on others' posts 😄

Screenshot 2021-12-30 at 12.23.29.png

A huge thank you to every member of this CC - we couldn't do it without you!

If you want to get involved, please reply to this thread, letting us know which day(s) you would like to post your topic. 

Enjoy! ❤️ 

Nick, @Liv, @Quincy & @Stephanie

157 Replies 157

Yes, I am with Josephine - Karen 🙂

Agreed, I would love to join the conversation and read through what others have to say. I just started hosting with Airbnb a little over a month ago. Thankfully it is going well so far. 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Of course @Josephine-Akosua0 ! Everyone is welcome to enjoy the celebration without needing to write themselves!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Welcome!!! I have not done this myself🏝

In my opinion, it's okay to sit back and read through the posts and only write when comfortable and when it feels right. Not forgetting that your opinions are valuable and we are all here to pick a leaf from each other.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That is fine @Muganda0 @Gladys5 @Catherine2635 @Karen3042 @Josephine-Akosua0.

As the Month of Celebration is about to begin, we will add a new topic with the lineup for each day. It will have the links there, so you need to click on the topic to view it.

I'm linking below the one from last year to give you an idea of what it will look like:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/2020-Month-of-Celebration-Lineup/m-p/1380233

Also, we will be featuring everything new on the CC's homepage.

Betty431
Level 3
San Antonio, TX

I will take dec 10 or any not taken day is fine. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

December 10 is absolutely fine, @Betty431 thank you 😃

Carla81
Level 4
Sherwood Park, Canada

So do we just sign up for a day randomly? I would love to do it and can do any day. Maybe I'll just say DEC 2??

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Carla81, December 2nd is yours if you want it! 😁

Nancy1588
Level 5
Powell River, Canada

I'll do a post on the 15th of Dec if that is open. Great idea. Love reading last years stories. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I've added you on the day @Nancy1588 - glad you are enjoying last years! 🎉

Xanthi3
Level 4
Heraklion, Greece

Can I sign up for December 24?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to see you taking part on this @Xanthi3 and loving the new profile photo! 😃

There is @Lucille-and-Alan0 for the 24th but you can share the date if you like!

Alternatively, you can send me everything beforehand and I can post on your behalf on another day if you can't make it. 

I'll send you a DM to discuss. Many thanks! 

That's me! Alan is my husband