A stretched Christmas

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

A stretched Christmas

I'm not normally one to complain about Christmas holidays, but this particular year has been long, and means there's (at least for me) too much time to think about the last year or two in which Jorge lost his dad, and me my beloved mum.

Thanks (or otherwise) to the way Christmas Day fell on a Saturday, we're on our 4th day off so far, as 27/28th have been bank holiday substitutes (for Christmas and Boxing Day).

I - for one - am ready to get back to some sort of normality.

With our final guest of 2021 checking out today, I'm looking forward to 2022 with hope that things might just get a little better (and soon).

PS. Typically, this last guest is the type who leaves the light on when they go out, and despite the minimal cost, it grinds my gears, and then some. 

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Gordon0 So very sorry for your losses.

Here's to a better year ahead, for all.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Gordon0 

I am so sorry to hear about your loss and the awful year you must have had with COVID adding to all the stress. I truly hope that 2022 will be a better year for you and us all.

@Gordon0 wrote:

PS. Typically, this last guest is the type who leaves the light on when they go out, and despite the minimal cost, it grinds my gears, and then some. 

Yep, this really gets my goat too.