Absolutely stunning new ad on youtube

Answered!
Emily-And-Virginia0
Level 4
Mountain View, AR

Absolutely stunning new ad on youtube

With Dolly singing and a focus on dogs.

I was engrossed all the way until the end when I saw it was for... AIRBNB. I am a professional cabin host with about 20 properties. We love doggy guests... EXCEPT airbnb doggy guests. Resolutions has completely washed their hands helping us to collect dog fees or help us with pet damage. (Even guests we can prove sneaked a dog in against rules). You allow guests to search for dog friendly properties but you don't allow it to be added to an invoice. There has been no improvement in years, it's only gotten worse with resolutions new " sorry. Dog. We don't help with dog issues".   How is this sustainable for us?  I have reported for 5 years now to again and again about this serious 💔 Airbnb and dogs has for hosts. Surely isn't a problem for guests who have ZERO liability for their pets - they can even sneak them in penalty free! True story. Go read my recent resolution history.

#HAB

1 Best Answer
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Emily-And-Virginia0 

What a terrific review that makes our failures so clear. We are currently organising and listing our priorities to be addressed by the Exec. This has to be one of them. @HostAdvisoryBoard.

Just to clarify the  proposal might be that we collect Deposits for pets? I'll let you articulate a Policy that you would like to be put forward since it is surprising that hosting dogs is being implied as an option but is not adequately catered for. Your detailed proposals would be very helpful.  Many thanks indeed for your really positive feedback and arresting title....!!!! 

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I had to laugh at "placating bot" @Emily-And-Virginia0 . We don't have any of those lurking on the CC, just a lot of Hosts and a handful of us surprisingly human community managers. We have even appeared on live social meetups and I passed the turing test just the other day, honest.

It's great to have you here and your comments about Pet liability are legitimate and not the first. I hope you don't mind but I will pop a #HAB tag on this topic as it's one the host advisory board should have in their feedback repertoire. 

Take care,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

thank you for acknowledging my post @Stephanie regarding airbnb policy that dogs are "vermin" but making (what I feel will be) an award winning ad about dogs on vacation.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Emily-And-Virginia0,

I am dogs owner and dogs lovers.

I do understand where you come from, heart breaking experience.

In other ways, you can consider to raise up the room rate than change more to the doggie guest and demand for extra fee. 

What are the special doggies benefits you offer in your place to unbiased with the doggy extra fee?

Did you included doggie bowl and doggie snacks?

How about pawdicure services,15 minutes doggie massage with professional dogs masseur and doggie spa  ?
Plus, a comfortable separate doggie bed and playground?

Professionals pets hostels are totally different services and categories with pets friendly place.

Kindly reminded you that do not forgotten the Airbnb campaign, do click like and share  in below link with your friends and family, and do pass forward to others.   

https://youtu.be/BrgvxO1tFOc

Today special offer $8.99USD, dog nails polish with 13 colors to choose fromToday special offer $8.99USD, dog nails polish with 13 colors to choose from

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Wow. This ia so inspiringly beautiful the matching nails to include your dog 

@Dale711 . Your artistic talents continually amaze me!!

Emily-And-Virginia0
Level 4
Mountain View, AR

if you're a host and you've had a guest dog that damages  your home structure ,  Airbnb  resolutions will tell you dogs are "vermin" and they have no hand in vermin according to policy.   

This needs to go public - the brilliant ad on youtube allows no comments.   This breathtaking ad is false advertising.  > what it promotes, I promote :  dogs on vacay> the reality is fake.   I want dog guests.  Airbnb makes this impossible for hosts.   for 5 years I've been working hard on this to NO AVAIL.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Stephanie   If AirBnB is going to pay for advertising that shows a dog enjoying a vacation, then AirBnB needs to include a place for Pet Fees, Pet Deposits, and Pet Damages in their programming and host insurances.  If your CS folks call dogs VERMIN and deny any claim that mentions damages by a pet, then AirBnB needs to allow owners to deny taking dogs and other assistance animals without being penalized.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

It's written in our house rules, and we flatly decline any request to host pets. 

Not that we don't like pets, or animals of any kind. At home, we're practically a barnyard.

But pets in a tourist let is loaded with potential for problems, not with the guests that bring them, but with future guests. Not to mention the significant additional cleaning. 

If a guest ever shows up with a pet without asking, we'd just say no and give them the choice of finding alternative accommodation for the pet, or finding alternative accommodation for their entire booking. Without refund.  End of.

If Airbnb has a problem with that, they can contact our customer support, which has "longer waiting times than usual", and tends to use scripted replies. 🙂 

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Emily-And-Virginia0 I'm going to post my response from another post here because it fits and I totally agree with you on this. 

I'm a dog friendly host, and I still feel that this ad is very tone deaf considering Airbnb's staunch refusal to aknowledge or support hosts who choose to host pets. We've been asking for a way to collect pet fees for years: no acknowledgement. Pets are also specifically excluded from the Host Guarantee and as we're not allowed to collect a security deposit, we're left with no cover unless we're successfully able to collect for damages from the guest. 

I've also tried to travel with Airbnb with my dogs, but trying to find a pet friendly listing is a pain in the ass on the platform. Even if I've found a place, I've never had a really good experience as a guest with my dogs. It's also a ton of work sifting through listings: half the people who have allows pets checked on their listing don't know they have it there, or they have crazy restrictions (only allow dogs under 20 lbs, dogs have to be crated all the time, etc etc etc). I'm way more successful staying in hotels if I have them along. 

My suggestion to Airbnb would be to support hosts in hosting pets by making it easier to collect a fee, and allow some degree of protection. It would be great as a host and a guest to introduce a pet friendly badge or have more checkboxes so guests can more easily find a listing that works for them. 

I have enjoyed the other ads, but this one rubs me the wrong way, even though I love dogs and have three myself. Airbnb is not a good platform for pet friendly listings at the moment. 

@Catherine-Powell are you ever going to address this? I don't understand why we can't get an answer on this. It's been asked thousands of times by hosts. Why does Airbnb promote pet friendly hosting, but do not support Airbnb hosts who choose to host pets?

John5097
Level 10
Charleston, SC

Agree 100% !! Air Flea & Bee 🐕  should at least include check box and pet fee for dogs! 🐶 

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Emily-And-Virginia0   Totally agree.  Not per friendly means NO ANIMALS.  There are enough hosts that do allow pets to consider when traveling with dogs.   And yes, service and emotional support animals too.  I don't take my own pets into my Airbnb listing.  Nor will anyone else.

Manasui0
Level 10
Bali, Indonesia

Screenshot_20210311_162011.jpg

@everyone 

Hi.. having customize or specialize important notes, does helps hosting alot in the property pages..

Some of my property allows pet.. and some fish..

Other is just so small it does not have the luxury to allowed any non water pets..

There will be an increase of expenses, vaccum, dusting, spraying, and replacing.. 

Is your house and your property, you can always decide.. and modify it to the most suitable for you optimum performance..

Saying pets is allowed, made people assume.. and narrow your market range..

Then the price.. the higher you charge also come with a higher standards of accommodation.. 

So as long as you describe it in a simple and detailed wording.. you should be able to make a deal with airbnb in communication prior the booking is being done.. so what ever we do.. 

We work as a team, like a single unit.. 

I think that is the best it can happen..

Is still a bussiness where your guest change every 3-7 days for me.. is mostly full before.. i have not even started re-opening my property..

Im in an island.. and most my guest comes in internationally...

Not many carry their dogs internationally, except mostly on a fendy bag.. and if they use the plates to give water for the dogs.. ill just replace it with a new one..

Sincerely, -MANASUI-

Jeffrey Bong