Accommodation cancelled by Air B and B

Carmel406
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Accommodation cancelled by Air B and B

Hi, I need advice please. So I booked an apartment and used a payment plan, all going fine. Ive just checked my email and the apartment has been cancelled by Air B and B due to a missed payment. However, my credit card company said they had not requested a payment along with this I did not receive any emails ect to say the payment had not been made.  Instead I got a booking confirmation email a week later then three hours later a cancellation. This is a £1000 apartment and the last payment was £120. Air B and B said they had a computer glitch at the time. What are my rights here. 

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Carmel406 as a minimum you have a right to a refund of all the payments that have been taken.Alternatively  I would  invoke the Aircover for guests product and ask Airbnb to find you alternative suitable accommodation. 

Hi, so I have been offered a full refund as long as I rebook but that means I'm paying twice while I wait for the refund doesn't it. Can I accept the refund and wait for the funds to clear before I book.