Air BNB representative Jasper accepted for customers damage the host's house, brake host's rules & against the law without any penalty

Air BNB representative Jasper accepted for customers damage the host's house, brake host's rules & against the law without any penalty

Hi, my name Angel & I'm the host of address *sensitive information hidden*
We don't agree how Jasper resolved our damage. Jasper's so positive to say "regarding the plumbing, we were contacted by the guest about this initially. This was pre existing damage and we cannot charge the guest". Did Jasper really investigate or Jasper just based on what the Brandie lied? Jasper & Brandie please show me the proofs of my plumbing was clogged before Brandie checked in.

I provide the my evidence about my plumbing was very good when they came. We have the house inspection on Feb 17th 2021 & We just closed this house on Feb 22nd 2021. Then we started to be the host beginning of March & Brandie is the first customer on Mar 5th 2021. So Brandie & Jasper said "clogged plumbing was pre existing damage" that's totally untrue & they was lying.

Don't forget they checked in at 10:30am (earlier than the rule 3 hours) & they didn't complain anything about the toilet in first 9 hours they stayed in my house, during the party started at 6pm with 20 people; after 9pm they noticed to me about the toilet's problem. If all toilets clogged when they checked, why didn't they notice to us earlier by message? Why did they wait for until 9pm to text me about that trouble (after 9 hours they checked in & after 3 hours party started)?

Our rule for booking limit 10 people & no party. Brandie booked 9 people, but they stayed 15 people and the party over 20 people. Of course my house is too small to handle a lot of people like that same time. Too many people in my house & big party are the main causes of the toilets & plumbing failure. Brandie didn't follow the rule: no extra guest, no gathering, no party & keep quiet. But Jasper accepted for Brandie brake our rule & Brandie wasn't charged any penalty to brake the host rule. It means Jasper & Air BNB accept the customers brake the host's rule: add extra guest, party over 20 people in Covid pandemic, against the law of Las Vegas about no gathering, annoy to neighbors? Is that my fault? Who has responsibility for my plumbing invoice cost $1,800?

I provided many picture about our damage but Jasper didn't care. Jasper asked us provided more receipts about the repairing & replacement. I explained to her from the beginning I didn't know I need to keep them for my claim so I threw them away. At least Jasper can base on all my evidence about out damages to estimate or charge Brandie about my plumbing & penalties of rule breaking, but Jasper called all my damages is errants. I provide again some stuffs were broken by Brandie.

The way Jasper resolved my claim just on single side. Jasper covered Brandie's fault & denied all host's losses. Please read all my good reviews, you will understand how I'm hosting my house, then you will recognize who's right & who lied.

I think Air BNB need to protect hosts more because all hosts trust Air BNB & give our beautiful houses, so we want to work together for long time. But if Air BNB allows customers brake host's rules & damage our houses, we're very disappointed because Air BNB has no any protection for hosts.

Please advise me how I should do

Thank you for reading

1 Reply 1

@Angel5187  This is not Airbnb customer service; it's a public discussion group of peers who can not access your booking data. It's not safe for you to post your private address here.

Without knowing all the specifics of the situation, it sounds like this is an issue best pursued with your STR insurance rather than with Airbnb. As you've come to realize, protecting hosts is not part of Airbnb's business model - they're just a listing platform, and hosts need to have their own protection in place.