AirBnB Changes

Patrick568
Level 10
California, United States

AirBnB Changes

Big announcement today with Air Cover and all the other changes to search functionality. I honestly would like to hear more from AirBnB with what they're doing to put a stop to communities arbitrarily banning STRs. In California this trend is rampant. AirBnB is going to regret not doing more to assist in fighting these bans when their hosts start to disappear across the US. 

5 Replies 5
Donata12
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I am really curious to see how this Air Cover works. From what i have heard lately, Airbnb has made it vey difficult for hosts to seek for damages. 

Also interested in their new pet policy: without changing how guests can book with pets and not disclosing them i doubt it will work.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Patrick568 & @Donata12 ,

Well spotted! It launched today and we did make an announcement but have had to hide it again because the Resource Center is having a technical hiccup. As soon as it's sorted, I'll pop a link here for you all.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Ryan2352
Level 10
Thousand Oaks, CA

Read about AirCover on FB, seems like it will address lots of the issues we have.  The 14 day filing window and smoking coverage is a great addition!  Did not see the other items though, looking for a press release or something from ABB on this.  Would have expected a mass email or something.

Ryan2352
Level 10
Thousand Oaks, CA

I would disagree. In the advance meeting where they previewed the announcement I asked if they would do something about my town where we helped them lobby the city to make it legal, and now 70% of the Airbnb's (mostly owned by investors) didn't bother to register and are operating illegally. I asked that Airbnb do what they did in another country and suspend every listing that didn't apply for the permit (it's really not that expensive but it does require getting written approval from 55% of the adjacent neighbors).