AirBnB photography team - BE AWARE OF THE UGLY, AND THE HORRIBLE

Alexander666
Level 2
México D.F., Mexico

AirBnB photography team - BE AWARE OF THE UGLY, AND THE HORRIBLE

Before you even consider using the AirBnB photography service - be aware of the ugly, and the horrible!!!

- Needed three tries to get a suitable photographer assigned, the others lived 400 km away and would take the shots ONE MONTH after the request. Each time took 10 days to get a new one assigned, response by email takes eternity, and is lazy and not responsive at all.

- Photographer itself was a nice guy who helped me to do some arrangement, and for some extra money even stayed until sunset - that part was fine, but then:

- Delivery deadline was not met, only three weeks later the photos showed up in my listing, and, even better:

- WRONG PICS OF A DIFFERENT PLACE, neither the photographer, nor me had seen before. The AirBnB team messed up and just uploaded wrong pics, some ugly flat vs my beachfront villa.

- After the initial claim per email and AiBnB support team now 4 days have passed - with NO RESPONSE AT ALL!! Only comment from the support team: "There are only 2 internal staff in the photo team, so patience is appreciated" 🙂

.... well, when there are wrong pics in my listing my patience is no more than 4 days.

JUST DELETED THE b/S PICS AND REQUESTED MY MONEY BACK.

PREFER TO HIRE A DECENT PHOTOGRAPHER WITH A DECENT SERVICE - INCREDIBLE!! RECOMMEND EVERYBODY TO SKIP THIS NIGHTMARE!!!

WERE THIS MY COMPANY, SOME FOLKS WOULD BE LOOKING FOR NEW JOBS BY NOW.

Below the b/s pics, and at the bottom my own pics - see what difference, but these folks just click buttons, and do not think before!!

Screenshot 2022-05-12 143358.pngScreenshot 2022-05-12 143453.png

˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜˜
Mi nombre de perfil lo dice todo: 666, neta? Rincon del Mar, Acapulco
2 Replies 2
Soy41
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Terrible, make sure to post this on other social media sites so this not happen again ! Greetings!

Rebecca1635
Level 2
San Diego, CA

We just had professional photos taken by AirBNB and are very disappointed also...  

1) Unfortunately, the majority of photos are not near as good as our previous photos (which we took with a wide angle cell). The pro pics angles were not all good, we are missing some areas, others are portrait and not landscape and look odd ... 
2) The filters/presets used to edit them make our listing look very ominous and gray/washed out - HORRIBLE. Our listing looks like a retro movie poster or dare I say scary movie ad, or a sci-fi vibe. It's so odd, as our house is very vibrant with beautiful lighting and rich colors throughout. 
3) the most frustrating is that all our previous photos (AND DESCRIPTIONS) were removed from the listing, which the photographer said would not happen  - THIS INFURIATED US. 
4) Lastly, we were quoted $100 for the shoot, but they charged us $159? 

We liked our photographer and he showed me the shots he took when he was done - the colors were vibrant and most angles were good. I am not sure what happened with the selection. It is very disappointing that this much was left uncommunicated, and that our old photos and descriptions are gone. 

Such a bummer !!

Rebecca