Airbnb Ambassador connected to guest

Airbnb Ambassador connected to guest

Has anyone here had a situation on what you felt like the ambassador dealing with your claim had somehow a connection to the guest? 
In my case, a guest came to my property and left my place full of human feces mixed with blood. There was a trail of this nastiness from the bathroom to the bedroom and then damaged bed comforter and bathroom mats with the same thing. I file a resolution claim and provided all pictures of the damaged items as well as price tags and receipts for the replacement as I always do. Out of nowhere this ambassador is requesting proof that I tried to wash and that the stains remain after I tried to wash. Though I informed him multiple times that because of the type of stains, human crap/blood I couldn’t keep the comforter and mats and threw them away he totally dismiss the fact that proof of the damages were sent and refuse to pay me under the host guarantee stating I could’ve washed. After the guest match out his review out basically laughing at me and kind of stating he already have Airbnb backing him up I have enough reasons to suspect somehow they know each other because I see no other reason for the ambassador to act the way he is acting and being dismissive as he is being. Does anyone know how to address a complaint against an ambassador and how would be the best way to go to get paid for the damages in this situation? Please let me know urgently 

11 Replies 11
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Emerson43

I read your review on the guest's profile and your comment on the guest's review.

It is a lot of words and some personal attacks, it is clear the guest does not agree with you on the mess you discovered after they left. But a conspiracy between the guest and Airbnb CS rep seems to me rather unlikely.

I disagree with you as there were no personal attacks at all. I simply stated the facts. I do think it’s absurd that someone goes to someone’s place and **bleep** all over the floor, then dirty the walls and comforters with their **bleep**, like what kind of person does that? Not the type of guest me and anyone else should be used to. Anytime I file a claim for damages all is required is proof is damaged and proof of cost, price or so. When this ambassador do not take the time to review the facts and dismiss the fact that there are damage and is trying to ask for me to re use a blood/**bleep** stain comforter yes I will think something is weird here. He might not be related or know the guest, though I don’t think it’s impossible I have heard from other ambassadors sometimes since some of them use Airbnb as guests as well they will stick up for the guests and dismiss the host request. It’s a fact they actually told me. I hope a situation like that never happens to you if it’s that you are really a host 

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Emerson43 I have noticed that some guests from different parts of the world do not understand US bathrooms. I have had guests use towels as toilet paper. I feel for you. 

I would go in and take the profanity out of your review of this guest if possible. Otherwise ABB may remove and I would totally want to know that this kind of behavior was possible with this guest. 

Not sure what you are calling profanity in my review but like I said I stand by my review. As a host I have to let other people know what he did so him and his group don’t do the same to other hostess. I also don’t think it has nothing to do with being from another culture or so. It’s has nothing to do with it as though you don’t use the bathroom people would do on a bag or so not spread all over floor, walls, comforter. Again that’s not the issue here, but thank you 

@ "Sh*t" is profanity. Airbnb will remove your review based on that alone. Using "human waste" or "feces" will allow it to stay up.

If you want your review to stay on this person's profile you need to make sure it fits the terms of use. He can complain and ABB will remove it. As it reads now on the basis of "sh*t" alone it could be taken down.

Got yah. Thank you for the feedback 

@Laura2592   Actually, in some cases even reviews without profanity have been removed due to direct mentions of bodily functions. @Emerson43  if you want that review to stick, it's probably best to convey that the home was unacceptably soiled without naming the substance involved. The Content Policy isn't explicit about this, but sex, drugs, and human excretions are among the topics generally considered off-limits in guest reviews.

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Emerson43 for future reference, when you respond to a review the guest who wrote the review will probably never see your response-- but future prospective guests will. Also, other viewers can't see star ratings the guest left, or any private feedback they left, so responding to those things publicly does nothing for you. FWIW, your review responses come off as defensive and hostile and would put me off booking with you.

Yeah my listing speaks for itself and people that really wants to book will read the whole thing and understand where I’m coming from. I’m really not worried about my bookings as I’m always booked regardless. I disagree that my response seems defensive, anyone that had their home crap all over would express their frustration. This is not a minor thing and im

not letting him get away with it. Though I understand your concerns about future guests it ain’t mine. Thank you 

@Emerson43 I wasn't referring only to your response to this particular review.

Again thank you for your feedback but my reviews were not the point of this conversation but yet how ambassadors handle claims. I have take an instance on how to write my reviews based on situations I’ve been through and I stand for it. I actually have had guests to tell me they appreciate my reviews to other people as it make it clear for what type of guests I’m listing for. I apologize for my honesty but I didn’t ask no one to advise how to write a review, it was not the point of my post nonetheless, thank you