Airbnb Life-Skills Online Courses

Answered!
Laura2714
Level 9
Cottonwood, AZ

Airbnb Life-Skills Online Courses

Airbnb loves to do socially impactful projects to assist the world in being a kinder place. I love this about Airbnb.

What if......

I was once at a job where we were offered the option to take workshops on, ‘7 habits of highly effective people.’ 
I still use the information I learned in that course, daily. It has helped me be a Superhost - without a doubt.

I've taken a lot of courses from workplaces that are not directly related to the work but are workshops on basic social skills  and emotional management, conflict-resolution etc etc.

Simply a course on being kind would make a big improvement not only at Airbnb but across the planet.

The Red Cross has some great courses on conflict resolution. The book, ‘the power of kindness’ by Piero Ferrucc, is a great tool to teach skills that can not only make Airbnb a kinder place but people can take these skills into their communities, across the Earth. Ben's Bells is a nonprofit in Tucson, AZ that focuses on workshops to assist people in bring kind. Of course, Airbnb could write their own curriculum. 

These workshops would be free and not job specific. Simply courses on being kind would really be enough.

Another benefit of these employer life skill workshops is that it gives everyone a common ‘Language’ or framework to discuss difficult issues. 

It's an opportunity for Airbnb to help hosts improve guest interactions while also giving back to the global community with more people skilled on the Art of Kindness. 

Would you like folks be interested in taking this kind of workshop ?

How many of the guest & host conflicts could be resolved or avoided in one person - simply choose to be kind ?

(I'd guess 90% ✌️)

I strive to be kind but...I’m not perfect...I can always improve.....

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Laura2714 ,

What a lovely post! I totally agree that it is important to strive for kindness and continuously work on improving ourselves, and your positive outlook on this matter is truly admirable! 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

7 Replies 7
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I have always admired and enjoyed being among 'believers in the kind side of the spectrum of human nature'. Good company.

My point was that kindness is not a glad wishful hope. It's a life skill that can taught. 

It's not choosing the sunny side of the street. It the most important job skill a host can process. 

Kindness is almost always more efficient.

Well @Laura2714  at my age I no longer have the time to wait for others to change, I rather find those of similar ilk that are already there.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Laura2714 ,

What a lovely post! I totally agree that it is important to strive for kindness and continuously work on improving ourselves, and your positive outlook on this matter is truly admirable! 🌟

-----

My point was that kindness is an necessary job skill for an Airbnb host. And, it is a job skill that can be taught by a corporation to their people. To ensure improved guest satisfaction. 

I'd not me constantly improving - its a corporation proactively resolving issues.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Laura2714 ,

I got your point and had also passed your unique suggestion to the concerned teams. Apologies for not adding this in my above message😆.

-----

Thank you for your support of my idea of using Airbnb as a platform to teach in kindness. 

Thank you for passing on the message and for sharing kindness.