Airbnb Malfunctions Fees & Taxes Charges

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Airbnb Malfunctions Fees & Taxes Charges

I can only speak for myself and my two guest houses in Redmond Oregon, but I have been experimenting with Reservations for 28 Days or more and checking to see if Airbnb is properly/legally  applying  Taxes and Fees.  My random test reservations results are varied. 

Most times it charges the taxes to the reservation even though they are not legally collectible on reservations of 28 days or more. I  will then change the dates adding more time and it recalculates the fees and charges and sometimes it drops the taxes and the next time it puts them back on. No real  pattern except mostly they are added, even when I make it 3 months!

Clearly there is a glitch in the programming. I have reported this issue today for the second time.  Also wondering if it does the same thing to Guests.

Or is there a connection between me as owner trying to book my own place?

I have my places set at Minimum Stay 28 Days. I assumed this setting would automatically block any taxes/fees charges the populate the reservation.

Clearly this is not the case.  And now with the New  search filter  (Monthly Stays) a guest and host should be able to assume tax charges would be filtered out, yet my research delivers random mixed results on that platform as well.

Has anyone else noticed this problem and have you reported it? 

Susan
1 Reply 1
Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Edits and updated info. on my Airbnb Malfunctions....conversation.  I tested the reservation functions this morning and noticed that when I clicked the calendar check-in to start a pop up notice says 28  Day  Minimum and the calendar was blocked out 28 days going forward, which shows it is protecting the setting, then I set check out date for 30 days and it presented again the Occupancy taxes and fees $ --- .  This happens with both of my listings  .  Have any of you hosts noticed this with your listings. And have any of you Guests noticed these charges on your extended stay reservations?

Susan