Airbnb Repricing Bug

Craig355
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Airbnb Repricing Bug

Starting in late July 2019, my rates would seriously drop on every unreserved day for several months on a daily basis some time around or after 1 a.m. This would happen every day, 7 days a week for months. I got to know the grave shift (my time) Case Mgr. quite well, as I talked to her several days a week. It took months to make a breakthrough. Now over 8 months later, it appears to be fixed, but still does show up if there is a cancellation. 

The result is that I lost hundreds of hours of sleep, and with that, income opportunities, not to mention losses on the times when I just couldn't stay up that late to manually reprice every single day that had just changed again from my manual efforts the night before, due to  instant bookings, generally from overseas guests where it was day time. Then I would have to spend dozens more hours trying to explain the situation to them, and either compromised and gave them a discount, or I missed the followup due to the sheer volume of the issue, and hosted at a ridiculously low rate (e.g. $30 vs. $65), in a nice area of San Diego in Pacific Beach/La Jolla, where this, and other homes are $1MM and up, and costs are commensurate. I just had a guest leave yesterday who was part of such a conversation in October. Airbnb said they would get in touch with her to resolve it, which she told me they did, and she was told directly that the rate would stay the same, and that Airbnb was going to assist me, which was the first time I heard that over 3 months later, and obviously that did not happen. 

I have been trying to get Airbnb to work with me on this, and they keep Closing the Case, as they just did again, last week. 

I love the concept of Airbnb, and the opportunity to meet guests from all over the U.S. and the world, as that is one of my favorite things about travelling. By and large, their customer service in this gig and online world where customer service has been reduced or has disappeared so much, is refreshing, as you can always get to a live person expeditiously, however, dealing with a bigger issue seems to be where the hole is. Is there anyone who has:

1) Experience with this issue, I had seen it before when it first started, in the Community many months ago, and

2) Info on how to move past the front line of Customer Support to someone more senior, and an actual decision maker on an obviously far more complex case than the typical Guest/Host transaction issues. 

Thank you very much in advance

Craig

0 Replies 0