Airbnb: a better level of support

Bryan237
Level 2
Katonah, NY

Airbnb: a better level of support

The following I posted in "Support with your bookings" last night.  0 replies for a subject I did think would raise a response or two.

As post pre-word:   I heard from my (intended guest) since I wrote this.    I had described to them my "rubber stamp" conversation with ABB regarding their cancellation.  They assured me their "reason for cancellation"  that ABB told me is a lie.  For privacy I won't reiterate it here.  I was already suspicious of ABB's statement because I'd already had a discussion with the guest exactly about that reason some weeks ago -- when they  did cancel and then shortly rebooked when circumstances changed.     My guest told me the  reason gave for cancelling this week was the frustration of a run-around, repeat yourself endlessly  to an unresponsive CS department.

Before anyone draws the conclusion that I'm just an angry host chewing on glass, far from it.  I'm just a citizen of Terra who is pretty tired of the model of Corporate Capitalism:  Its only about pleasing shareholders & profit (aka greed).  ABB wasn't like this before they went public.

I also can be a dog with a bone when it comes to calling out the short shrift some people deal to other people.

here's the original, lightly edited. I'd still like to know if there is a (higher) CS tier, perhaps with greater ethics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all, I'm a single listing host.  A guest of mine just cancelled with one week before arrival. 

The guest could not get ABB to accept their payment.  Phone calls to banks, multiple card attempts, multiple cards and (by their reckoning close to 10 different conversations with ABB reps over almost 48 hours)

Out of frustration they cancelled.  

My guest doesn't seem to be a troll.  I believe them.  My gripe is its ABB's system that's responsible for my guest's woeful inconvenience and my own financial hit.   I'm in a location that is high demand in the summer -- I'm generally booked for the summer by the end of March.  The fact that ABB makes the previously booked dates available after a cancellation isn't a salve.

Never being in a guests shoes like this, I presume the guest Had To cancel in order to get their initial deposit back -- they couldn't just walk away from the deal.   And yes,  my cancellation policy is Flexible - so the guest could  keep themselves whole (aside from losing a 4 day vacation). 

Whether a host's Cancel Policy is Moderate (mine was until this season) or Flexible (thought I'd try it this year),  Guest or Host will be t'd off on Airbnb support. 

So a couple of questions:  any other host out there have frustrated guests like mine?   What was the outcome?

I got a  rubber stamp conversation from ABB customer service.   I called earlier today to see if they'd fess up to their failure to own up to their failure on this booking. They didn't.   I  was wondering if there is something like a level 2 Moderator I can reach out to for redress?

thanks.

0 Replies 0