Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Airbnb asks for personal info already on file

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

Airbnb asks for personal info already on file

I have a request in my dashboard from Airbnb, to provide personal details that they already have. I must provide this info that is already there in order to prevent a pause in my payouts. What the H E double hockey sticks? I already have little to no trust in Airbnb, and this doesn't help. I'm very uncomfortable with the mention of 'payouts'. Has anyone else encountered this and/or an associated problem with payouts? It just makes no sense. 

16 Replies 16

Whatever you do, don't not comply, @Colleen253, because then your payouts definitely will  be halted. Try not to worry over it - there's a far greater chance you'll be absolutely fine, than not. And besides, most of the withholding caused by this particular payout issue, are as a result of hosts failing to provide the requested information. You'll be grand 🙂

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Colleen253 

Many of the problems reported here in CC re. this issue was due to failure to comply with request for update by deadline date. Everyone is given few weeks or a month to comply. Many just ignored it and then wondered why....