Airbnb case manager are a nightmare. refunding guest without consideration after holding my listing block for 2 days

Ori8
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Airbnb case manager are a nightmare. refunding guest without consideration after holding my listing block for 2 days

Hi,

I had a guest check-in to my house.

After 2-3 hours guest let me know they are leaving as they found "Rodent dropping" in the house under the bed and behinde the dresser and they are fearing for the health of them and their Dogs.

It took me about 40 minutes to get my Pest control company (I got lucky they ware just in the area) who just serviced the house 3 days earlier to go and inspect it.  After through inspection and a small investigation in the yard the pest control company concluded that the "droppings" are seeds from the tree that is in front of the house. They could not find more seeds in the house, under the bed behind the dresser or anywhere else. 

The seed do not look in shape and texture like rodent dropping if you know ow they look or search in Google for pictures.

Guest ask for a full refund and files a claim.

I got contacted by Dushyant a case manager asking for my input.

I responded within an hour.

I explained what happen, that i did respond in 40 minutes, what was the conclusion of the Pest control company provided proof with pictures of the seeds the guest found, pictures of the seed on the tree Etc... I also provided pictures that guest left trash on the kitchen counter and in the trash can.

It took the case manager more then 24 hours to tell me that he think the guest is right and weather seed or dropping what is importnet is what he guest was thinking.

I answered that now 2nd night my listing is blocked (there is still live reservation) and regardless of the outcome i would like to have mu listing open so i can at least have another Paying guest. I also noted that I would like to have the cleaning fee not refunded as i need to clean the house again after finding trash and knowing that guest and 3 dogs have been in the house for few hours and that is during COVID-19.

I also said that i don't like the responses time and the one sided biased view i got from his answers and ask for a New case manager.

24 hours later I was informed that reservation was canceled and guest received full refund.

Good news is that my listing is open for new guest.

Another good news that after fully refunding the guest he will hand my case to a New case manager per my request.

I tried to call Airbnb and after few minutes of "talking" with the Robot i was told that a live human will answer me in FEW HOURS, yes few hours only that im expected to be holding my phone and wait to get attention while listening to horrible music.

Gee thanks,

4 days later no-one contact me, I had to pay cleaning from my own pocket over seed from the front yard that have been or Not under the bed.

After everything airbnb did during March-June and the poor attempt to  justify and compensate for their doings, they keep treating us host like SH***

I know that "customers" are most important but Airbnb forget that it takes 2 to tango and if you have lots of customers but no hosts you still got nothing.

Im off on my expedition to find alternative to what use to be a great home for my business, till COVID-19 exposed the illusion.

24 hours l

It too a day for the 

1 Reply 1
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ori8 

I cannot see your listing. Is it blocked again?