Airbnb deceptive business practices should be investigated

Arline1
Level 2
Carlsbad, CA

Airbnb deceptive business practices should be investigated

I am posting in regards to the deceptive support practices in helping Super Hosts. I was told I would receive funds from cancellations that fell within the Airbnb guidelines and never received them, and all Airbnb support agents are the worst in communication and followup. I have contacted support and was explicitly told I would receive funds by April 30th and have never received a dime. I am an 86 year old lady dependent on the income, especially during the virus outbreak. I was left to fend for myself by the greedy CEO and support staff at Airbnb.

I am very disappointed in the blatant false statements and support by the CEO and the staff at Airbnb regarding helping host. Lying to hosts regarding false statements made to me and my case is that of poor business practices and greed.

I have not even received a reply to numerous messages sent to Airbnb. As if I don't even exist.

I am sure they are still making hundreds of millions of dollars, yet an old lady on SS benefits can't put food on the table because they need to fuel their jets and live in palaces. Shame on them for their greedy business practices making money of the backs of seniors during this difficult time.

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Arline1 Three tests for getting financial help

Did you have a strict cancellation policy?

Did the guest book pre March 14th 2020

Was the stay that was cancelled for a date prior to end May 2020.

If all do not apply then I am afraid you won't get any recompense.

I was told I was 100% within all policy guidelines to receive funds. They specifically told me I would have funds deposited into my bank on April 30th and additional funds once a month after that date. The failed to follow through and will not even reply to my many followup messages. This is blatant deceptive business practices, greed and fraudulence.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Arline1 If you go to your homepage, click on 'reservations' and then 'cancelled' what does it show under the COVID 19 support payments column?

Ignoring what you were told, did the reservations meet the 3 tests namely:

Did you have a strict cancellation policy?

Did the guest book pre March 14th 2020

Was the stay that was cancelled for a date prior to end May 2020.

Arline1
Level 2
Carlsbad, CA

Yes to all three. An Airbnb agent actually told me the date I would start receiving funds. Again this is blatant deception.

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Arline1 And if you look at your reservation then cancellations page what does it say?