Airbnb responce and resolution

Sapir4
Level 2
United Kingdom

Airbnb responce and resolution

Hi,

We stayed at a place recently that was not up to standard and we filed a complaint with air bnb but that was three weeks ago and I have not heard anything back. We haven't had an update from them so I used the message service and this kept on getting closed due to previous messages and I called but due to covid and my non emergency 72 hours, I can't reach anyone by phone.

Does anyone have any advice on someone I can contact regarding this?

4 Replies 4
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sapir4 What are you trying to achieve with your complaint? Did you leave a poor review?

Sapir4
Level 2
United Kingdom

We would like a refund as the place/location we stayed in had problems. Air bnb asked for proof which I sent them and they mentioned that they would contact the host as we could not sort it between ourselves. I havent left a review, i would prefer to get this sorted with air bnb but I havent heard for 3 weeks. I called once to air bnb and sent them proof, then called a week later and they said it was still open and I had to wait 24-48 hours. But after waiting this long, I couldn't use the phone service as its for urgent issues. I tried to use the message/chat but it didn't help. They haven't got back me to regarding this issue. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sapir4 If you complete a stay then there is no way you should get a refund. The proper way to deal with this is to report to Airbnb immediately and ask them to cancel the reservation.

The only hope you have now is for a small discount if an amenity was missing.

You have also missed the 14 day timescale to leave a review so other guests may now suffer the same experience.

@Sapir4 There are no refunds for completed stays. If the conditions in the property are so bad that you feel entitled to a refund, you have to cancel your booking and get out of there.