Airbnb shortchanged me $128 for someone that stayed 3 nights Paid me $25

Airbnb shortchanged me $128 for someone that stayed 3 nights Paid me $25

Airbnb is has the worst costumer service I have every dealt with in my life.  They tell you someone will get back to you in 72 hours which is a LIE!!!!  Its been eight days and no one has contacted me

They took 128 out of my last payout that should have been 154.  I got paid $25 for someone that stayed 3 nights.  I have called or chatted everyday for the last 8 days and they all say the exact same thing we will forward this to the escalating department and they will be contacting you within 72 hours   A LIE!!!! 

Some girl canceled her reservation less than 2 hours after booking and they charge me for that cancelation.  I never received a penny from that booking.  So they actually stole money from me on my next booking.   They all say its out of their hands to fix the mistake. 

I have blocked my Airbnb 2 rooms and will never be doing business with this company again unless they pay me what they owe me.   Right now I don't trust them one bit.  I will give them one more week and then I am sending an email out to my neighborhood to avoid booking or hosting with Airbnb.  I will be spreading the word big time this company is not ethical.  

All my attempts to talk to someone that can actually fix the mistake is a waste of my time

The people I have talked to do not seem like they really give a **bleep** that you got ripped off.  They all sound like robots just saying the same transcript they have been trained to say.   Which is actually all lies just to get you off the phone.  Make you finally feel like giving up.  This will end up biting them in the butt down the line.  Karma will catch up with them in a matter of time.  I will speed the karma along so no one else gets taken advantage of by this company by telling as many people as I can the very unethical thing they do too people.  I see I am not the only person they have ripped off. 

1 Reply 1
Vimla0
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

No you are not the only person Airbnb has ripped off. My friend ** who hosted a German mother and daughter - ** - from 8/12 till 22/12 paid only $38 for 2 people per day! Not enough to cover the electricity, gas and water bills!

Similar story. Her listing was initially for $60. She quickly realised her mistake and corrected it to add $60 a day for an extra person. But Airbnb gave them 20% discount on New Listing! Then another 20% on long term booking. So ** is now $1142 out of pocket!

She agreed for the guests to pay $400 on top of the $537.60 for 14 days instead of $1142. But ** and her daughter refused saying they have no money! They are travellers with no money! Their friends are paying $40 per person for Lidcombe in Sydney.

We have similar issues with Airbnb but same story that they will escalate the issue and someone will get back to her within 72 hours but no one does! ** is getting angry with me that I am not doing enough to help her! There's only so much I can do dealing with scumbags and cheats like Airbnb. I guess this is how they make their money!!!

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]