Airbnb sucks

Airbnb sucks

I listed a property in Abu Dhabi as the owner is my friend and he told me to host it and next thing I know Airbnb Trust team contacting me via email and asking me to proof that I own that property. I told them I dont own that property its my friend's who asked me to host on Airbnb and for next couple of days there were no contact from them. I tried contacting them calling them send emails to them, still no response from their end. All they said they are escalating my case to another time.

And this morning I got an email stating you are banned from using Airbnb as you do not meet the requirements. I mean what the hell.

1 Reply 1

@Shreya40  I'm guessing there's more to the story. But what your friend should have done was list the home under his own account and linked your profile to it as a Co-host.

I don't know about Abu Dhabi, but Dubai is one market that has a notorious reputation for fake Airbnb listings, people listing homes that they don't have access to or that don't even exist. It's actually encouraging to hear that they're trying to make this harder, although I wonder if they have anyone on staff who's qualified to authenticate the proof of home ownership in other countries.