Airbnb treatment of guests

T85
Level 2
Natchitoches, LA

Airbnb treatment of guests

For some reason airbnb keeps deleting my posts and also not allowing me to rate my previous host. It seems now that airbnb doesn't care much about the guests and only about the money and the hosts. I've been using airbnb for several years now, and until recently everything was great. I was to the point where airbnb was my choice over hotels. Now it's pretty much you get what you pay for. I've been trying to reach customer service since August trying to get an issue resolved and they keep messaging me stating that a supervisor will be in contact. I've tried calling several times, and each time I actually get to a live agent they say that they have to forward my issue to proper agent. This is getting out of control because of course there's no office to contact , we're all basically just taking chances with no one being held accountable.

The worst part of it all is the fact that I was ok with even being given an airbnb credit for a future trip rather than my money being placed on my card. I felt that would've been fair for all parties involved. I have messages showing that my host said she would approve the full refund. It wasn't until after I cancelled our flights the host messaged back and said she mistaken me with another guest and couldn't do the refund.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@T85 Please don't feel that, as a guest Airbnb is discriminating against you. Hosts are getting equally poor service these days.

This is getting out of hand, they're going to push people back towards hotels.

Asya25
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

I booked condo in Miami, and after one day sleeping in, I moved out immediately -room is unaccepted

for living. Very dirty, dusty, nonworking appliances,  window completely taped with heavy plastic.

I started conversation about refund on very next day,  sent photos.

Talked to owner, she sad no refund ( its in her policy). Representatives from Airbnb promised to solve the problems and give me refund, but different reps.giving me a different stories and never called me back..

They are in Latin America somewhere, I suspect don't have authority to make any decision or solutions.