Answer

Konstantinos102
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Answer

Hello there.... so I had a guest for 1 month...she left 5 days ago and today text me she left her laptop at my house.i talt her I have her laptop and I text her one address to find me to give her the laptop...I spoke with somebody at Airbnb and he talt me stupid thinks I don’t even understand what he say and I asked him to give me his supervisor to talk with him and he talt me ( I can’t ) so I say I don’t say anything to you... so what can I do at this situation?

3 Replies 3

@Konstantinos102  There is no need to involve an Airbnb rep in this situation; you and the guest already have the tools at your disposal to resolve it independently.

If you are willing to ship the laptop to your guest, you can package and weight it, and determine how much the postal service will charge to mail it. Then, go to airbnb.com/resolutions and request that the guest transfer the appropriate amount to you  (Venmo etc are also options, but doing it through AIrbnb gives you a paper trail if there's a dispute later). You can then ship the laptop upon receipt of the payment.

If your guest or someone she knows is able to retrieve the laptop directly instead, I don't see what the problem is.

Konstantinos102
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Hi Andrew, thanks for your answer.

this guest the day when she left I text her to ask if she took everything from the room to clean it and she never answer to me.

i went to clean the room and I found some empty boxes and one laptot,also she made a mess on the walls she took the towels coffee cups etc and I text to the company and they didn’t cover anything of those.also after 5-6 days she text me 2 in the morning to tell me she forgot her laptop.

a lot of people here in usa they do that to get the money back and that she try to do. Otherwise she is gonna say ship the laptop to this address or she is gonna text me the same night for this and not after 5-6 days, and I called the company to make sure I do everything right without to have troubles and they don’t help at all

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Konstantinos102  Further to what Andrew says, it's helpful to put a notice on your house manual check out page, and also post one by the exit door so guests can't miss it, to CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK that they have all their belongings before leaving. You can even go so far as to say that you are not responsible for forgotten items. It's a huge drain on time when you have to arrange for returns, no matter how it's arranged. It's worth cutting this issue off at the root. This tactic will go a long way in eliminating the issue.