Any successful Ambassadors here?

Cheryl225
Level 2
Burleigh Heads, Australia

Any successful Ambassadors here?

Hello Community 

I’ve recently been asked to be an Ambassador. 
is there anyone here that has been or is one and has successful outcomes?  

thank you for sharing 😊

7 Replies 7
Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

Hi @Cheryl225 I recently joined the program. I'm just getting my feet under me and will be happy to share once I've learned more. 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Cheryl225 

Do you mean Ambassadors working for Customer Service or Hosts serving on these boards?

Ambassdors are paid staff operating the phone and chat lines... whilst  Hosts are volunteers such as @Heather133 myself and others here who look out for enquiries from fellow Hosts or Guests.but are unpaid. Paid staff are not allowed to offer contributions here.

Hope that helps. Is there something of concern to you?

I see you've helped on the boards before. Have you been invited to work for the company? Is that it?

Janice1
Level 6
Tamaterau, New Zealand

Hi @Cheryl225  I have just become an ambassador in the host referal programme.  What's your top tip.  Also, do you know where guests enter my link?  Regards Janice 😀

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cheryl225 It always felt to me that it was a lot of work to end up with greater competition and hence lower rental rates in your local area.

I’ve noticed that the Airbnb support staff seems to be replaced by “ambassadors”. Reading these posts I see there is a volunteer position. Are these volunteers now taking over from paid support staff? One used to receive a followup message - nothing the last few times I’ve contacted Airbnb as a host. Service is definitely slipping. Too much space spent on finding the bizarre (potato houses), pools in the Far East. We the ordinary are just leftovers!

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Barbara2519 

No, while some Airbnb support staff call themselves 'ambassadors' (not sure what this means, but seems to be a step up from the front line call centre staff), this is not the same thing as @Cheryl225 is talking about. See the link that @Gwen386 posted. That explains what an ambassador host does. It's basically a referral and mentoring scheme.