Anybody ever gotten a gift from AirBnb??

Tom-and-Lisa0
Level 10
Kalispell, MT

Anybody ever gotten a gift from AirBnb??

When you fill out your host profile airbnb asks for a shipping address and comments that they sometimes send hosting gifts.  Has anybody ever gotten such a gift?

61 Replies 61
David3267
Level 10
Torquay, United Kingdom

think I got a carbon monoxide detector when i joined but nothing since then.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

Yes, I got several items

(1) Selfie stick

(2) Carbon monoxide detector

(3) Airbnb Magazines each quarter

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi all,

Did you know sometimes us on the community team send out little pressies? But, how do you get these, I wonder...?

Thank

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hmmm. How does one get them? Well, I'm guessing that appropriate behaviour in the CC, an enthusiastic (if slightly blinkered) pro-Airbnb stance, and a propensity for posting fuzzy-warm comments that perfectly align with the company narrative would probably be a good start, Steph! I won't be holding my breath for mine, in that case.. 😂

@Stephanie It would be prudent of Airbnb and the CC if they actually ascertained if sending something to a host would ever be received. Being an international platform, it shouldn't be assumed that every host gets mail delivery to their home, as if we all lived in first world countries. 

I get no mail delivery where I live. So maybe Airbnb or the CC sent something to me at some point, but I'd never get it, and wouldn't know if something had been sent. It would likely just end up in limbo somewhere. Maybe some non-Airbnb host now has the world map that we supposedly received for "Superhost Week" on their wall.

My address is virtually useless- guests would never find my place with the address- I have to send a map and directions. Even my propane delivery guy, whose been delivering propane to me for 11 years, couldn't find the address when the office girl insisted on giving him my address, instead of "Sarah's house, below the Ranch" as I told her to tell him 🙂

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Sarah977 ,

For the CC at least, we double check addresses and if they seem a bit... vague? We will send a message to the user - ruins the surprise a bit but better that than nothing at all! 

Some users also let us know they would like us to pass the gift on to another user as kind gesture! Nice, eh?

Thanks

-----

@Stephanie  Well, my address isn't vague, it is a number and street, etc. But there is no mail delivery here 😞

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Did you not get the map?? @Sarah977 That's worrying, will get it sorted.

-----

@Stephanie  No, I never got the map. Which is no big deal at all to me, just saying if you're going to send anything, it would be a good idea to find out if those hosts in far-flung places actually get mail delivery at the address listed or at all 🙂 Otherwise it's just a waste of packaging and postage for something that's going to end up in limbo.

Fleur37
Level 1
England, GB

No not yet....

Natalie725
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

At the end of my first year Airbnb hosting, I got a 100 euro voucher to use on Airbnb for other stays. I never got notified about it and it was hidden in a section that I just happened to come across by mistake! It is valid for a year and I believe every 1 year of being a superhost, you get 100 euros Airbnb credit

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

3 years and I get the monthly airbnb magazine but nothing else. Airbnb makes a sh*t ton of money off my experience and STR overnight listings. It would be nice to get a trinket once in a while.

Piotr48
Level 10
Wrocław, Poland

I applied for carbon monoxide detector a year ago but never received it.

Marisa182
Level 8
University Park, MD

@Tom-and-Lisa0 

I got the magazine for about one year before Covid and that was very nice. I wouldn't mind having the guest book, but better than that, how about a gift card that I can use for something I really want. I don't want to even get started on the SuperHost bonus....

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Tom-and-Lisa0 amazing this message originated in 2016. I am wondering if you are still hosting.

I have to say yes I have received gifts but I have participated in several link ups and written articles for all CC Forum. 

Some of the gifts we have received was a beach mat, note books, apron, and the last one was a glass thermo carry cup.

So to me I  am thankful to the gifts I have received as it shows me that Airbnb cares for what I have taken time to contribute to the CC Forum I joined Airbnb as a host n 2019 but we started using Airbnb in 2014. 

It is amazing that  our writings or questions are still in the ither  or floating around in the cloud and is sucked back down when a topic arises again. 

I was just looking at what have I missed. Take care and I hope you are still hosting.

Laurelle from Downunder