August Smart lock not working

Jennifer1774
Level 5
Sacramento, CA

August Smart lock not working

Good morning! Are any other hosts having trouble setting up new codes on their August smart lock? We have one on our Airbnb guest house and one on the main house and we are not able to set up new codes on either. After doing all the usual troubleshooting my husband called  the August support line and was not able to get through. Their message says they are experiencing extremely high call volume. I’m wondering if they rolled  something out that has caused issues with the system. Anyone else having problems?

Jenna in Sacramento 

2 Replies 2
Jennifer1774
Level 5
Sacramento, CA

Talked to August.  The automatic code generator is not working properly. The workaround until they roll out their new software update is to completely erase the code that the system generates and replace it with something different. The system will currently except that.

August is garbage. I ordered the latest gen with wi-fi connectivity + keypad. Three days after installation, the keypad mysteriously disconnected from the system and stopped working. Tech support said "password was typed in too fast, causing the keypad to become disabled and require factory reset". Definitely sending it back and looking for an alternative solution.