Awaiting Payment Status - VERY UNFAIR TO HOST

Mimi221
Level 2
QC, Philippines

Awaiting Payment Status - VERY UNFAIR TO HOST

Airbnb SHOULD NOT ALLOW awaiting payment status to block off the date. Blocking off date should only be allowed for confirmed bookings who already made payments. Because obviously, this kind of process where date is blocked and being held off for 24 hours means a lost of income to the host if guest won’t cancel on their side, won’t respond and cooperate. Especially that the date on hold is for TOMORROW ALREADY.

They should ALLOW HOST TO CANCEL on their side for awaiting payment status if guest is not responding. Rather than asking for Airbnb Support help which usually takes more than 8 hours of processing/calling/long hours waiting on call.

VERY UNFAIR TO HOST and results of losing an income on our side. There are other guest that are very much willing to book our place. And in this case, my date is being hold off by someone/guest who is very inconsiderate.

4 Replies 4
Alex208
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

I agree, especially with people booking within such short windows at the moment.

Jean6074
Level 2
Grass Valley, CA

I'm glad I'm not alone!! I am so sick & tired of this! Guests should not be able to book & hold my studio without the funds to pay for it!! especially same day. I spend time on the phone a couple times a week with Airbnb & the reps that cant cancel it as its not yet a reservation and I'm not able to cancel or withdraw my acceptance. Im so sick of this. What can we do to get Airbnb to change this? SO FRUSTRATING!

Ive been reporting this concern to Airbnb multiple times already. Sometimes, I only got inquiry from guest, but when I checked my Calendar, I was shocked that my calendar is already blocked for that inquiry. I didn't even accepted it yet, its sitting under Trip Requested and I did not get any notification for that. I told Airbnb I should be atleast received notification for that first before blocking my calendar. Ending? Guest is not responding after multiple follow ups and hold off my dates for nothing - OBVIOUSLY LOST OF INCOME TO HOST.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Mimi221 @Jean6074 @Alex208 

If they can’t pay, they can’t stay.

It’s as simple as that.

I don’t see how Airbnb imagines that letting “economically challenged” guests reserve dates they hope they can somehow pay for later is profitable.

If the dates are left open either someone who actually can pay will book them, or the unprepared guest will have a second chance when they can afford it.