Awaiting verification

Cheryl619
Level 1
Bethlehem, CT

Awaiting verification

Hi,

I have someone trying to book a reservation and the status from Airbnb states, “awaiting verification”.  There is a message which in short states Airbnb is resolving some details and should do so within the next 10 hours.  The dates are being held during that time.

This is the first time if seen such a status and I don’t know how to direct the requesting “guest”.  I’m assuming it’s simply to confirm identity as it looks as though the profile was just created.  

Thank you for any help! 

21 Replies 21
Edwin121
Level 2
Atlanta, GA

Same problem here... do we know if Airbnb is 'ever' going to change this hostage holding endeavor? It's just not right! 

David7586
Level 2
Fresno, CA

Usually calling ABB support in the past, they have been able to retract this Cal Hostage situation. When I called today, I was told the tools were not available to do so. It's been tough enough on us hosts dealing with all the C19 fallout. Having our Cals blocked for up to 12 hrs. is just another thing we have to work through. Please help us provide available bookings for guests by giving us control of our Cals. 🙄

and it doesn't even make sense..  why hold the dates for a unverified guest when I don't even use instant booking? 

Inna31
Level 3
Kailua-Kona, HI

Same here. I have 4 days grayed out by Airbnb in my calendar, and it is only one day left to the booking to begin. I’m loosing chances. Now I can’t even plan to use those days for myself  if they will not be booked because of uncertainty. I don’t have time to communicate to a guest if booking will happen. Crazy. I agree it is a violation of the property rights. If verification is not submitted- no holds!!! That’s my property!!! I have to decide to hold it or not! 

Khai118
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

same here, when I call Airbnb for help, they just try to skimp me and did nothing. End up my date hold until the next day, that night can most likely be booked, and I lost that night's income because of this. It happened multiple times, Airbnb never solves this problem.

David6720
Level 1
Long Beach, CA

Can this be a lawsuit? This has happened 5 times in the past few months. I have lost potential income because someone is holding my calendar hostage. 2 hours MAX or let the host make the decision to wait for payment or verification. Why is Airbnb doing this to Host? Will Airbnb fund me the lost income? 

@David6720 The answer is not to give them the 24 hour agreement as these are not actual bookings. Someone else should still be able to book , your calendar should not be actually blocked until a reservation is confirmed. It is very irritating but the answer is to speak with the guests because these are only really enquirys not bookings . Do not let them lapse without contacting the guest .It means that they may not be able to supply photo id to Airbnb or proper government ID or that they are young as in under 25 . H