Awful site

Answered!
Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Awful site

Tried to ask question . Want to offer house in May for free for Ukrainian refugees . Not possible bot kept sending me to menu kept on repeat repeatwasting time. You want to control narrative . Menu restrictive  annoying . Bot more a hindrance than help. You want to control the narrative at every stage. Unacceptable will take my house off your site if u cannot do better! 

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yvonne682 

I do not understand your issue. Go to Airbnb.org and scroll to bottom of page, click "offer your space". System will ask to select a listing" (if owing multiple listings) or otherwise directly opens the listing.

You will see this screen:

Emiel1_0-1647130334759.png

Then make the proper choices. Click "Save" and setup is finished..

11 Replies 11
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you want to offer your accommodation contact your local refugee charities and register with them @Yvonne682 

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

My daughter told me that she saw on the Air B and B that you can offer through them and that is what I tried! I got no where . There was a button to click but it didn't lead any where ! I was told that they offer insurance cover if you let people stay .I have house  insurance but I am not sure so thought best to go through AIR B and B as refugees not French citizens so maybe some red tape .I just want to offer my house and have questions but like I said the site is a nightmare !! Only a bot that was a hinderance !!

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Why aren't the staff of Air B&B Answering questions instead of diverting to a group chat. The bot couldn't answer my question? The drop down menu to send email didn't allow for what I wanted to ask . Shame on you Air B& B . Shame on you . Also what about privacy, people may want to ask questions that they do not wish to share with others .Make it easy for someone to ask . When you click other and explain a bloody bot answers you . Lost all respect for this company now !Get your finger out owners of this company and speak to me .Hiding behind a convoluted site as one other " said all glossy show and  no substance ! Won't do ! 

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Should elaborate Bot kept sending me back to start cause couldn't answer. Don't you have enough money to pay staff and allow for one click email box sent to a staff member instead of this constant controlling  of the narrative ! 

@Yvonne682  You are posting this on the community forum, which is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service. To get a response from Airbnb, you have to follow the prompts through on the Help site- if your issue is not on thedrop down menu, just click on anything and explain in the message that isn't what you are asking about. 

But you are quote right that their programming isn't at all user friendly.

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Thank you Sarah !

@Yvonne682  Could you try to calm down a bit? The last thing someone fleeing a war needs is a volatile host.

Emiel's instructions below should do the trick if you're only planning to get involved at the housing level. But don't expect Airbnb to extend any useful help for connecting your refugee guests to other vital social support and services; they're mostly here for the media halo.

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Please understand I did as you suggested and was referred to a bot. the bot was unable to be of help so I put up the post in the hope of customer service seeing it and answering me !

I would not have come on here complaining had I not exhausted all ways to try and speak with customer service. Although you feel my criticism is over the top and that I need to calm down I believe if you had tried as hard as I have to contact customer service and failed you to would have been frustrated. I expressed how I feel and it is not for you to judge me and be so condescending as to tell me to calm down . I would never have wished to come here had customer service worked as it should for precisely the response I got from you. Also my point about it not being private is valid . A good customer service should not be relying on a discussion forum to solve their queries and or complaints . If you don't have something helpful to impart I politely request you make no comment .Customer service actually refer people to this site .

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Andrew to extrapolate and suggest  that because I was angry and frustrated about Air B and B I would actually some how convey this to the people fleeing terror in Ukraine. Please such an insulting and hurtful thing to say. I have now managed to contact customer service and have been able to send an email and will get a response . As for anyone needing my home they would have it to themselves and I would fly over at own expense to help them settle in for a few days and then leave them making sure they had everything they needed plus details of a contact in France should their needs not be met. Rightly so the last thing someone needs after fleeing conflict is hostility and equally the last thing someone needs who is trying their best to be of service is a judgmental put down like the one you delivered.

I am not very techy having been born in 1954 and sometimes the way a site is organised can be confusing . I am not great  at I.T but I have learned a lot. Am also slightly dyslectic plus be honest some of these sites don't make it easy ! 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Yvonne682 

I do not understand your issue. Go to Airbnb.org and scroll to bottom of page, click "offer your space". System will ask to select a listing" (if owing multiple listings) or otherwise directly opens the listing.

You will see this screen:

Emiel1_0-1647130334759.png

Then make the proper choices. Click "Save" and setup is finished..

Yvonne682
Level 2
Newport, United Kingdom

Thank you Emiel this has been a help to me !