Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Bad review from cancelled reservation from bnb

Julie4489
Level 1
Waroona, Australia

Bad review from cancelled reservation from bnb

We had a 1 star review from someone that had there reservation cancelled  after check in from Airbnb, even thou they still stayed - this is really unfair to my ratings

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Julie4489  Have you talked to Airbnb about having the review and rating removed? If not, you could give it a try. They will tell you it doesn't violate review policy, which it doesn't, the written review says it's a nice place.

So you would have to try to have it removed on the basis that Airbnb cancelled the booking and that the guest was so objectionable to Airbnb for some reason that they delisted the guest's account. (I tried to look at the guest's profile to see if or how you had reviewed them, but the account no longer exists).

So if they were banned from Airbnb, then how is it okay for them to leave you a one star review because Airbnb cancelled their booking?

That's the tactic I would try.

I totally agree about bnb counseling them and still leaving a review, worst part I left them a good one since they left my unit clean  

@Julie4489  Did you get paid for that booking? I wonder why their booking was cancelled. And I also wonder why they left a brief but nice written review but 1*. Seems odd. 

Well, the good review you left them is a moot point now, because they no longer have an account.

But you should never think that if you left an honest review, that was a bad thing, just because the guests didn't leave a good rating. 

Reviews are meant to be an honest reflection of your experience of the guest, not a tit for tat, you leave me a good review and I'll leave you a good review. If the guests left the place clean, didn't break any rules and communicated well, then they deserve a good review. 

I have read of cases where a guest left a 1* review and when the host questioned them about it, as there seemed to be no issues during the stay, the guest said they thought 1* was the highest rating!