Basic Requirements - toilet paper!

Jane563
Level 10
Brighton, United Kingdom

Basic Requirements - toilet paper!

I am very fortunate in that I have a Monday-Friday MSc student. Before she left on Friday morning she said that she wishes to stay this week, provided her university doesn’t close and no travel restrictions come in. She asked what would happen with her money if things change over the weekend.

I very much doubt if I will get anyone else this coming week and told her to book on Sunday evening, just in case things change and said I would keep the room. I also promised her I would refund if she has to go home before Friday. I am talking about a very good guest (who I left in my home, while I went away for a few days) who has booked with me lots of times.

My problem is toilet roll. I usually buy a big pack once a month, but my supplies are starting to dwindle. I resisted the temptation to panic buy and now I can’t get more!  Supplying it is a requirement that I won’t be able to meet unless things change in the UK.

I’m thinking of asking her to bring some in exchange for a discount!!!

48 Replies 48

@Maxine3 wrote:

@Jane563   @Helen350  @Juan63  @Louise0  @Stephanie  @Donald28  Well, down here in Devon, We just ran out of toilet rolls, and are having to resort to lettuce leaves. - I fear this is the tip of the iceberg . . . 

TMI maxine! TMI!

Tip of the iceberg! Hahaha!

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Here in Phuket there is no shortage of things our problem is the guest taking stuff I check a couple of guest out the other day all the toilet rolls gone and box's of tissues,

I bought a box of hand sanitizes to put one bottle in each of my properties and the other day we had guest stay 3 days in one of my villas a big bottle of hand gel Gone there is no way they could have used that in 3 days unless they had a bath in it, FFS 

I usually put a box of tea bags in the kitchens instead of a few tea bags why do people have to take the lot? 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

When the stockpiling starting happening a couple of weeks ago, I eventually found some TP in the local pharmacy after finding none in the stores (including the convenience stores). They had made a window display of it and were charging double price (shame on them). I bought a four pack as I am not stockpiling.

Then I had a long-term guest coming back from a trip to Scotland. She kindly brought a four pack back with her! However, another guest, it turns out was taking it from the bathroom and hoarding it in her room! I was wondering why we were getting through it so quickly...

Now, two weeks on, all my guests have left and I have enough for my own use for the time being. The shelves are still empty despite rationing being introduced. Yes, people are still queuing up outside the supermarket before it opens and the TP is gone in an instant.

The kind staff at one local supermarket have found their own solution. They say the TP comes in every morning, so they put half on the shelves, which goes immediately. They then keep the rest in the back and will sell it to customers who ask, but only one pack. They also told me if I need bread or eggs to just ask.

My guests, on average, will also go through half a roll each a day. Shower gel varies. Some guests bring their own whilst others will go through bucket loads of the stuff I provide.