Booked was cancelled then the apartment was relisted for a higher price - Madrid

Barry347
Level 1
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Booked was cancelled then the apartment was relisted for a higher price - Madrid

Booked an apartment in April with Homeabout in centre of Madrid for a week. The owner confirmed the booking and I paid. This is the first time my family can be reunited due to covid. This week the owner has cancelled my reservation stating the apartment was unavailable. However is went straight back on for the same date +70% price increase. Now I’m scrambling trying to find somewhere! But because it’s 4 months past everything is gone or much more expensive. Airbnb are aware, don’t seem to care that the customer losses out and just suggested I book somewhere else albeit they recognise at a much higher cost. now. They also suggested I don’t book with companies with multiple properties as this happens a lot!!!! 

how is this the business model where profiteering is allowed, landlords and Airbnb profit, and only the customers get screwed… ???? I don’t think I can use Airbnb again if there is this little assurance on bookings?!?

1 Reply 1
Taheerah0
Level 1
Milwaukee, WI

@Barry347 This is so sad and ridiculous. I’m waiting to see if a unit I recently booked is on the same bs! Keeps giving me the run around after I’ve already paid. But this is very unfair and discriminatory. Something needs to be done about this. You should not be able to repost a home if you canceled on a guest with no justification…. What can we do to bring more attention for this issue???