Booking change during the stay

Answered!
Matteus0
Level 1
State of Pernambuco, Brazil

Booking change during the stay

Am I required to accept a change request while the guest is still inside my home? I understand the flexibility that Airbnb sells in its campaigns and pillars, but am I, as a host, obliged to accept the reduction of the reservation, since I lost other reservations because of that day that the host is trying to change?

1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Matteus0 

Please note the community for Portugees language is: Community Português 

Reservation changes can be requested by a guest before or during a stay.

You are not obliged to accept a reservation change request. it is recommended to give an explanation to the guest if declined.

BTW

You can also create the reservation change yourself, having the option to amend the recalculated price in the price field to what you consider a fair deal.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Matteus0 

Please note the community for Portugees language is: Community Português 

Reservation changes can be requested by a guest before or during a stay.

You are not obliged to accept a reservation change request. it is recommended to give an explanation to the guest if declined.

BTW

You can also create the reservation change yourself, having the option to amend the recalculated price in the price field to what you consider a fair deal.

Matteus0
Level 1
State of Pernambuco, Brazil

Thanks, was very helpful, I'm new to the Airbnb Community, just a new be mistake. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Matteus0 

Actually, it is not quite as straightforward as that, as it does depend on the length of stay (is it long term, i.e. 28 days or not) and the notice the guest gives you for the change. 

For example, today I got a date change for a long term guest who is coming in over 30 days time and meant that she shortened her stay. Because it is more than 30 days away, I was not asked to accept or decline the change, rather it was automatically applied. 

So, it is always best to double check the cancellation policy that applies to that particular booking. In some circumstances, you have the option to accept or decline and, in others, you do not.