Booking confirmation email.

Stefanie293
Level 1
Point Lonsdale, Australia

Booking confirmation email.

Hi everyone,

We're about to list our first Air B&B booking,  and are wondering if a host has the ability to edit the copy/text in the automatic booking confirmation email? Add your own little message.

Thanks

Stef

2 Replies 2
Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Stefanie293 

No, once the guests pay for the accommodation, they receive an automated email from  Airbnb. This includes what they paid for the stay, and the correct address of the property (guests do not see the full address, just the general area, before paying).

You will then receive an automated email from Airbnb confirming the booking (will say something like:

"Good news, Roberta booked (Your accommodation name) and will be arriving on 2nd February. Here are the details:

Guest (number of guests)

Check in date

Check out dates

Number of nights

Confirmation number (will be letters and numbers)

Fee $$$$$$

- airbnb fee $

you get $$$$"

You then can message the guest yourself.

I usually message them to thank you for the booking, ask them to reach out if they have any questions.

A few days before they arrive, I message again, with detailed instructions on how to get to my place from the airport using public transport, and ask them to confirm approximate arrival time (I rent a room in my flat, so I check people in).

One suggestion, stay at an airbnb as a guest, something similar to your property, and you will see the process via the guest point of view. You will see what other hosts offer, and things that you maybe miss when travelling - so you can add that to your guests in your own property.

Good luck on this journey!

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Stefanie293   Welcome to hosting on Air BNB.  It is a difficult time for the platform so I hope you have an extra dose of patience available.  As to messages, there is a pre-booking message that you can add to your booking tab.  I use mine to ask the guest to confirm they understand my listing as some are confused by the shared versus self contained listings.  Also, you can develop a welcome message  that you save in the Air BNB messaging system to send to the new reservation but it is not automatic.  I think the more interaction you are able to have with both potential guests and booked guests the better, especially when you are new.  So much of my success is related to what I have learned from my guests and other hosts on this forum.  Good luck!!